Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang (signed, sealed, delivered)

Suuuurrree… :mustafi:

But really, Lacazette is already tracking back a lot and coming deep to get involved etc. I could easily see him adapting that to a wide forward role.

But what’s I reckon is going to happen is basically this:

Auba
Mkhi  Ozil

Wenger needed convincing to get Laca into the team and given a better option I can see him just swapping like for like and not adjusting his tactics at all.

Not sure about Laca as a person or how much he’s willing sacrifice for Arsenal but I think you’d have massive problems convincing him to concede main CF to be a wide forward.

I personally don’t think he’s great at all in deeper positions or that he’d be great in any other position than CF. He hasn’t got the skill set for it. We signed him to poach goals, not to put in work on the wing.

I know he use to be a winger but at this stage of his career I think he’ll see moving to any other position for the forseeable future other than CF as a massive career regression. He was main man at Lyon and he definitely thought he’d be that at Arsenal.

A wide forward position also damages his World cup chances. He needs goals to justify his presence in that squad he’s struggling as it is.

I’m definitely of the opinion we shouldn’t sign Auba (even though I think he’d be a good goalscorer) and invest in Laca as our undisputed main striker. Seems ridiculous to displace him 6 months after spending £50m+

So is finally happening. Nice!

This is why we’re praying to win the Europa League to get back in to the CL.

1 Like

Since when is having competition a bad thing?

2 Likes

That kind of logic played a part in us missing out on Cesc.

Never again.

Of course there are areas Wenger should be focusing on more but we should take what we can get.

Also, losing Sanchez and Walcott means there are 2 spots to be filled

1 Like

Knowing how Wenger operates, it doesn’t make sense to buy Aubameyang when he’s just bought a £50m striker in that same position. His formation only allows for one of Lacazette or Aubameyang so one of them will be played out of position (spending £50m or £70m on a player who will be out of position can’t be right).

And he also doesn’t give up on big signings that quickly so I don’t buy that he’s lost faith in Lacazette already and is replacing him, it’s simply not Wenger’s M.O.

I can’t quite make sense of this signing unless the club has gone over his head and approved the signing with a new manager in mind. Though even that seems improbable.

Fuck knows, just happy that we might be signing a top forward.

1 Like

Let’s go back to 4-4-2.

1 Like

Lets make Arsenal great again

9 Likes

Bl1nk fucking gets it!!!

That’s the formation I’ve been advocating for.

Maybe play Ozil and Mkhi a little further forward and a bit tighter to the strikers.

1 Like

100% one of them will be playing out of position. Reckon he will shove Auba out wide.

1 Like

That’s more a 4-2-2-2.

Nice jam jar. What is it?

what car? Porsche Panamera

1 Like

Xhaka?!

Like it or not… with Coq gone he’s the best option.

Elneny :wink:

1 Like

Don’t get me wrong, I think Mo is a great squad option… but I have my reservations about him starting.

This plus AMN you would think would do a much better job than Xhaka.

You don’t have the same reservations about Xhaka starting?! He isn’t good at anything right now!

4 Likes