Petr Cech

Such a leader. Been one of Wenger’s best recent signings he might have got a bit slower but still one of the best GK’s in the PL and great for the dressing room.

I read that in the dressing room after the Liverpool game Cech tore shreds off everyone. Proper captain.

He’s been very underwhelming since his arrival. Made plenty of mistakes and conceded plenty of soft goals.

5 Likes

Yeah He hasn’t been terrible but I thought it was going to be a better signing than how its turned out.

2 Likes

Of course, but he is still one of the few leaders we have in our squad.

“I think it was after about eight or nine weeks he came round. I was a bit worried at first because I hadn’t really spoken to anyone for longer than ten minutes.

“He walked through the door, sat on my sofa and said, ‘just sit back, don’t say anything, just listen’ and he spoke for about an hour and a half.

“I didn’t say anything, he just spoke and it was brilliant because when he left my partner said, ‘wow, the things we were a little bit worried about’. It just reassured us that everything we were going through was part of the process of recovery.

10 Likes

Damn Cech is an absolute Don.

1 Like

A gentleman and a scholar.

1 Like

A great drummer as well :mustafi:

Saw some stats the other day in regards to shot % saved and big chances saved etc, as things stand right now Cech is only a very average keeper.

1 Like

That’s been fairly obvious for a while to be honest. I still stand by what I said last year. Szczęsny > Cech.

To make it worse, just saw this stat about Man City and penalties

https://twitter.com/optajoe/status/920373352614723584

I know goalkeepers are not expected to save penalties but the law of averages would suggest you’d save at least one out of 12!

2 Likes

He is yet another player in a key position that will need replacing after this season.
Wenger is going to be extremely busy in the next transfer window.

He will need to get replacements for Cech, Kos, Sanchez, Ozil and Cazorla, and that’s before he starts strengthening the first team.

But I’m sure he knows this and it will all get sorted :facepalm:

2 Likes

We’ll probably replace Cech and that will be our only signing that window.

2 Likes

And that window will be spoken of as a ‘fantastic window’ :xhaka:

1 Like

Koscielny?

Next season he will be 33, and with his injury problems a replacement will be needed.

2 Likes

Don’t forget we have Martinez :hipster:

36, presume you clicked down one too far on the number pad when typing. :slight_smile:

He was talking about Koscielny, realised that just before I made the same post you did :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Just seen @JakeyBoy post who answered it for me :smiley:

1 Like

Haha oops. :slight_smile: