Pes 2019

Just played the demo. Gotta say I really like it, they’ve taken a couple of steps forward in graphics and gameplay.

Graphics
Stunning, simply stunning. The players look so realistic, even the movement feels spot on. When I slid in with Coquelin, it actually felt like a Coquelin sliding, like the rash ones he can make. Giroud, Sanchez, Cazorla all look spot on. Stadium and environment looks gorgeous too. They beat FIFA in this department IMO.

Gameplay
Looks like they’ve slowed things down a bit, which I like, a bit lower tempo allows the build-up to be more satisfying and realistic. Have to really work a chance. The occasional ball over the top still works, but not as often as before. Overall the gameplay gives me a positive feeling, like I’m playing a football match again.

Don’t think I’m gonna order this however, as I’m already going for FIFA. Which all of my mates will be playing anyway, plus the game modes on FIFA are way way better than PES. I also think the menu interface on PES has been outdated for years, they don’t seem to care about improving it.

Overall though, PES 2017 looks a solid game (judging by the demo build of course).

I want to switch, as I don’t think EA and FIFA deserve my money, do they have mm on PES?

1 Like

MM? Manager mode? Master League is there

1 Like

Something puts me off PES though; maybe it is the licensing, but it is true, FIFA haven’t actually made a good game; they instead focus on improving graphics and updating their Ultimate Team, which is a dying shame.

2 Likes

Back in the days I never cared about licensing and stuff and PES was the gameplay master. But these past few years, licensing has become more of an issue for me and that’s what puts me off of PES.

2 Likes

played this the other night and was easy to pick up and play. will prabley pick it up once its on sale.

None of my mates are interested in PES.

If I bought it, I’d be the only sad cunt I know with the game. And when people come over for a beer or whatever, they’re like wtf is this garbage?

1 Like

I would buy PES as I’ve always preferred it to fifa but their development team continuous neglect of the PC edition means I won’t be paying for a crappy PS4 PC port

Woooow! :open_mouth:

The graphics are INSANE on this! Love the passing aswell. Özil is a genius to play with just kept giving him the ball. This just might have persuaded me to buy both FIFA & PES

1 Like

I’m surprised that Konami didn’t fucked up, shame they lost the Bayern license.

Honestly if PES had all the licenses, game modes and multiplayer EA has… I’d be so tempted. It’s shocking how far behind they are in multiplayer. The MyClub is a joke and they still use servers and game lobbies, end up hammering a lobby to enter and get a game lol. Farce.

But there’s just something about scoring goals on PES, gives me much more satisfaction.

1 Like

Have to agree @Bl1nk different feeling to FIFA. I’ll think I’ll get both this year. Arsenal being licenced is pushing it. Arsenal winning the CL in the proper tops. :ok_hand::ok_hand: The player faces are actually so good it’s like watching a match on the TV!

1 Like

My only problem with the licenses is the Bundesliga, there is some weird legal thing where Konami can’t even have them as fake teams.

Best I’ve ever seen on a football game. I stopped skipping replays to enjoy how real they look haha

2 Likes

Downloaded last night and had a couple of games this afternoon.

Loved it and as you say scoring a goal actually felt right rather than scoring the same old shit.

The passing is great but the online stuff is a worry!

Few more games tonight I reckon

A good strategy could be offer the game for the half of price than Fifa, trying to convert the videogamers who preferred to play with the EA product for the latest 12 years (I’m one of them despite I was a super fan of WI).

If enough ppl revolt against fifa cause they are tired of getting ripped off, the tide can change. See what happened to NBA live from EA for a reference.

Waiting to see what Fifa has to offer, I don’t like the animations in pes17 they seem very elastic if that makes sense, like a magnet the ball accelerated as it gets closer to its target. The replays look like I’m watching HD USA 94 highlights with that American style broadcast appearance of that makes sense. The players look class but they are far too blown out highlight wise, waiting to see what Fifa is like.

When games like uncharted 4 can look so real why do most football games still look like they’re stuck in the previous generation? Even uncharted 2 looks about as good as this years pes!

I dont mind PES, but the animations are so fucking dated its not a touch on Fifa’s fluid natural body movements. Feels really arcadey and each shot is always like 100mph.

Available for just €9,- in the Official Sony Store, deal is until 30 March.

Tempted.

@Midfield_Maestro would you recommend it?

1 Like