Per Mertesacker

Let’s hope that Per never becomes a manager.

I think he’ll make a good manager one day

Yup gives that manager vibe

He’s too mentally fragile to be a successful manager in my opinion. It’s a high pressure job and he even said he didn’t like the pressure of his playing career

oh yes thats true

He had to vomit before every game - even the Swanseas and Subderlands type of games.

Yeah I can’t see him being a manager at thighest level, but a coach/scout could deffo be an option, like the role he is in now.

Extract from his book

“In my new role as Arsenal academy manager I will do everything I can to challenge the young players’ mindsets. I want to challenge them so that they are ready to take on new ideas and protect them from being injured, when it comes to their body and soul."

“My experience has taught me that you simply cannot do enough. For example, I was a big fan of yoga from the beginning because I had seen that it improved stability and flexibility.

“Even at the age of 33 I was one of the most flexible at Arsenal when it came to my back muscles. Hardly anyone came to the yoga sessions that the club offered. Often there were only four of us: Héctor Bellerín, Nacho Monreal and Tomas Rosicky.”

I’d like to be part of that yoga class :grin:

I bet they wouldnt mind you there with them either :giroud:

That is such a good interview.

Really interesting, think Per could do wonders for the club mentality at a youth level that will then come seep into our senior players.

Seems like a lot of players are quite lazy and don’t take it seriously.