Per Mertesacker

Such a down-to-earth guy. Love him!

1 Like

Iā€™m just glad weā€™re retaining the services of someone that so obviously has the respect of people around him and the best interests of our club at heart.

2 Likes

Maybe, as long as he has people below him that can handle those details and he properly trusts/delegates, just like AW doesā€¦ oh waitā€¦

I have faith. :slight_smile:

https://twitter.com/1Walid1/status/898587785505931265?s=08

looooool

3 Likes

:joy::joy::joy:

Allahu ackesacker

2 Likes

Nonsense. Vieira is blossoming into a pretty good manager.

And my hunch is he will succeed Arsene, with Thierry as his assistant.

1 Like

What exactly about Arteta makes him qualified to lead Arsenal?

I like the guy but letā€™s face it, it would be a punt.

Lol! What a team! :smiley:

Based on his work at NYCFC? I really doubt Vieira has any interesting ideas about football or will make it as a top level manager. Vieira with Henry as his assistant sounds like a terrible management team, haha.

I didnā€™t say he was qualified to lead Arsenal. Yet. But of all the former players heā€™s the only one who I could see becoming a top manager.

Not van Bronckhorst then?, whoā€™s actually won a national league title already :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Fair play, but you certainly donā€™t think of Gio as one of ours, didnā€™t even consider him in this conversation/doubt anyone else did, so a bit of a sneaky play there in fairness Robincito. :kissing_heart:

Thing is we talk about Henry, Bergkamp, Vieira etc and yet you have Gio at the same age and heā€™s out performed the lot of them so far in their management careers.

If it comes to an ex-player being our future manager any time soon, van Bronckhorst >>>>>>>>>> the rest

1 Like

Donā€™t argue semantics. Just answer the question

Say please first, bossy fucker.

Please. :blush:

Heh, subservient betch.

2 Likes

Well, fuck.

I posted something on the old forum on this which is why Iā€™m a bit reluctant to rehash it, but:

a) A very rare mix of experienceā€¦came up in La Masia and played under a number of managers in a number of different leagues, adapting to each, a very promising mix of experience for a future manager as a player
b) Extremely intelligent and tactical astute player
c) Well spoken and intelligent person
d) Wouldnā€™t seem to be a Wenger yes man, ie would suggest he has his own ideas
e) Did his coaching badges really quickly and got a job as Guardiolaā€™s #2 straight off, and now valuable experience under the best, bodes well

2 Likes