Paris Saint-Germain Vs Arsenal (CL)

^Word.

I think we’ll edge this game, always like an early European tie and going up against a big team like PSG early on, providing we do get the win, can help us mount some consistency for here on in.

I think we will win here. PSG aren’t anything special. 1-2 to the Gunners!! :sunglasses:

1 Like

Mustafi and Koscielny with the mask on defense (I would like to see Gibbs on the left if he is fit).

Xhaka, Coquelin and Cazorla on midfield. Ozil and Sanchez on the wings behind Olivier.

Xhaka is surely a guaranteed starter here. Along with Sanchez & Giroud.

Start Iwobi for Oxlade. Can leave Walcott in.

1 Like

So PSG have been struggling? A visit from Arsenal will be just what the doctor ordered to get them back on track then.

2 Likes

Xhaka will start this. CL games are different quality and not has hectic as your average Prem game, so Granit’s class will shine through.

Cech

Bellerin - Mustafi - Koscielny - Gibbs

Xhaka - Santi

Perez - Ozil - Sanchez

Giroud

Would like to see Gibbs replace Monreal.

Four up front Bl1nk?!

Why? For tactical reasons, rotation or form?

Alexis-Giroud-Iwobi
Özil
Elneny-Xhaka
Same back 4 + Cech

2 Likes

Good shout. Can see this happening. Cazorla was everywhere vs Soton and will probably be rested. Alexis and Giroud will retain their first XI places as is tradition. And you just do not rest Ozil. Ever.

I’d prefer us to play 4-3-3 away I think.

Back 5
Elneny - Xhaka - Coq
Özil Giroud Sanchez

I’d prefer to have as much midfield control as possible on paper, and to shut down and kill off the movement of PSG as much as possible at the expense of a bit of forward threat. Xhaka (and Elneny to some degree) are competent enough at passing for us to still have a base to launch attacks from and I’d be happy to plan for a tight low profile draw away.

I genuinely think we can go there and win. We need it for our morale but I just hope Wenger picks the right team.

Alexis Perez Iwobi for me gives the likes of Ozil and Xhaka the best outlets.

Fair enough if Cazorla needs to be rested.

2 Likes

4-5-1: Cech, Bellerin, Mustafi, Koscielny, Monreal, Sanchez, Coquelin, Xhaka, Cazorla, Özil, Perez.

Subs: Ospina, Gibbs, Holding, Elneny, Iwobi, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Giroud.

Özil went the whole season last year with no injuries. This is Arsenal, I wouldn’t bank on that happening again. When Ramsey is fit he should be getting time there so we keep Özil somewhat rested. We have a deep squad now so we could also play Cazorla there from time to time.

Cech
Bellerin, Mustafi, Kosh, Gibbs
Xhaka, Cazorla
Walcott, Ozil, Sanchez
Perez

FFS.

1 Like

His back is suspect and we knew that pre-season ,it’s why we just had to get more center backs in. Holding will have to partner Mustafi and we will need to smother them in midfield . For that reason id have Coquelin Elneny and Granit in the starting line up ! That back 4 will need some help !

1 Like

PSG team news

If Kos misses the match then I’m changing my prediction from a draw to PSG win.

Never ever should we leave Santi out of any top tier Champions League game.

His injury looked very bad, tbf.