Paris Saint-Germain Vs Arsenal (CL)

Two? Harsh. You rank a bad performance at least 4.

By a bitter Parisian newspaper? A 2 doesn’t surprise me.

1 Like

I like it.

What’s the point of 1-10 scale if you never use all the digits?

1 Like

I don’t believe it’s the nerves or it happened because we didn’t play our best line-up (we did play 8/11 guys who normally should play). Simply because Emery picked us apart like others managers have done over the past several years.

F.e. he let the CB’s run up with the ball, but as soon as they would play the midfielders in; run them of the pitch and counterattack (which they did very good by playing Krychowiak as an extra midfielder). Fill in the middle with bodies so we have no room to combine and thus can’t create anything. Cazorla is essential in our build-up and he was nullified. Play long balls over our midfield in order too pressure our high line back four, which worked quite often seeing how often Cavani got a lot one-on-one opportunites with Ospina.

They exploited every single one of our vulnerabilities.

1 Like

Course you do, they gave Wenger a 6.

1 Like

You quoted @Ronniec when he said,

and then,

I don’t see what is so difficult to understand about what he said.

2 Likes

Well of course you don’t see. You’re as busy doing nothing but looking for errors as he is. I’d be genuinely surprised if you could pick out what’s wrong with that thing there lol

We missed a trick not singing Serge Aurier when he was keen.
Atleast we got Bellerin out of Debuchy misfortune.

2 Likes

Great trip to Paris, amazing city and recommended for anyone who (inexplicably) hasn’t been there yet.

Parc des Princes is such a shit ground though, awful haha. One of the worst I’ve seen to date. Not sure what their excuse is either, it’s been renovated enough times, including for the Euros.

As for the game, in a nutshell I think some of the criticism has gone overboard. I heard Dixon nailed us on the ITV punditry. We’re talking about an away game to one of the competition favourites. I thought we came back into it (to a degree) as the 2nd half wore on. Yes we should’ve lost, but consider their home record. A decent point and with my new bae Xhaka playing we’d have had more of a control in midfield.

Next stop Sofia.

10 Likes

If you would look at it just like that, sure, it could be a one-off/special situation (European away game etc.). But these kind of performances are structural. Liverpool also ran us off the pitch. That is the problem.

2 Likes

I don’t know when PSG became a CL favorite and I don’t know when poor defending became acceptable. That was our typical ro16 first game performance (this time in the group stage) that would usually have us trailing by 3 goals. Any criticism is more than deserved.

10 Likes

Tbh Dixon highlighted it with good video evidence. Keane just dismissed us in a general way.
Unfortunatley I had to agree with both of them.