Östersunds FK vs Arsenäl (UEL Round of 32 1st Leg)

Think we’ll win comfortably, Östersund were very fortunate to make it out the group.

Not that it matters, but i’d have gone with Monreal as captain. He’s earned it and was the obvious choice IMO

5 Likes

Who have we gone with then?

Ospina, according to our team sheet lol

Beyond honouring Monreal a bit, I can’t see much to choose between them.

Wow, watching an interview with Potter before the game and his Swedish is pretty damn good by now tbh, it’s not an easy language to learn. Respect. Hope we’re 6-0 up at HT, but still. some good pronunciation there. good å ä ö stuff and grammar use.

Monreal deserves the captaincy a lot more than Ospina.

I’d be willing to bet you care about this more than Monreal himself.

I believe we had a not of noise here when Theo was selected as captain?

Monreal may not care, but it is a message for the team, to show how much the manager care.

Captaincy is about leadership, seniority, an honor, NOT just anybody to take the armband.

Cool. I’ll ring the club and let them know your exacting standards have not been met. I’m sure Monreal will wear the armband second half.

come on…
no need to tease me…
I was just sharing my opinion on prerequisite of selecting a captain.

2 Likes

No worries. I’d be quite happy for us to play without a captain.

Ospina as Captain :arteta:

Captain of Arsenal literally means jack shit now

Wenger has always said a captain doesnt matter because everyone should be a captain. A notion I personally totally disagree with.

1 Like

C’mon lads!

With and without a Tony Adams, Patrick Vieira… you could tell the difference.
No captain or pick a shit captain means there is not a general to lead a bunch of soldiers on the battlefield.

I’ve always thought comparing playing football to men going into battle was quite laughable.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/JamesOlley/status/964200414844506114

1 Like

Great block on the line by them.

No MDC? The Europa disrespect is real