Olivier Giroud

The first name that springs to my mind is Patrik Schick, his release clause is only 21mil too. The only downside is that he’s being strongly linked with Juve atm.

1 Like

He won’t displace higuain or dybala so he’d be stupid to go there

You’re right, there’s talk of him being loan back to Sampdoria for a season though.

He is but with the World Cup only just around the corner I can’t see him being happy with that type of role again.

It’s probably best for all concerned that he moves on, Marseille get the big name striker they’re looking for, Giroud gets to play week in week out & we get 25-30mil which we can put towards someone like Patrik Schick.

I’d rather we just go all out for someone like Morata tbh, Schick seems interesting but he’s not at a level for being the #1 option whereas Morata absolutely is.

I think there’s a decent chance Giroud would be picked for the world Cup regardless as Deschamps loves him and with Benzema exiled they need reliable goal scorers. Don’t get me wrong though, if Giroud leaving means we finally get a top notch striker I’m all for it.

3 Likes

I think Schick might be better, certainly as a goalscorer than Morata already is and in time he’ll have a higher ceiling.

Right now? I don’t agree, as for ceiling I only care about that when it comes to supplemental players.

We need the real deal NOW and Morata is exactly that, I think he’d take like a duck to water for any top team as the the first choice striker and can still improve on his impressive base.

1 Like

Yeah we can only hope our new players take like a fuck to water :wink:

1 Like

Caught that eh? Haha.

Haha yep and that craziest thing was seeing the edit take place without having to even refresh the page. The f literally turned to a d in front of my eyes.

This new forum is pretty cool guys!

Ok, but Giroud scores more. Just don’t use him as first choice.

I don’t think Morata is the real deal, he can’t strike the ball with his laces and needs to pass it in so imo will never be a top striker, where as Schick has very good striking technique.

Yeah I think this is rubbish, Morata has excellent technique.

1 Like

We’ll agree to disagree and see how he pans out.

It’s a new era.

lol what? He might not ever be a top striker, but it’s not cause ‘he can’t strike the ball with his laces and needs to pass it on.’ The guy scores goals at a phenomenal rate. Yes, he plays for Madrid, and some of those goals come in ‘garbage time’, but this is just a weird comment.

It is though, and you misquoted me I said ‘pass it in’ not ‘pass it on’. Most of his goal/shots have always with the inside of the foot. Not a natural striker of the ball

Most of their goals coming from the inside of the foot worked well enough for Henry, Bergkamp, etc. etc. etc.

It’s just a weird thing to nitpick on, as if that’s the sole attribute required for becoming a top striker.

Morata has it all tbh and is much more than a finisher.

Yea I was waiting for Henry and his side footing but he still had technique levels above Morata.

And Morata hasn’t been scoring at a ‘phenomenal rate’ before he added a few tap ins coming off the bench against overmatched minnows. By that standard Giroud’s been scoring at ‘phenomenal rate’ too.

I think Morata will go onto have a decent but not particularly outstanding career. He’d be an improvement on our striking options too but we have too many players already like Walcott and Welbeck who don’t have great striking technique. I mean I’d take him but we wouldn’t win any big competitions with him leading the line.

1 Like