Olivier Giroud

Your point seems a bit weak too. I mean why have a shot if you’re not confident that you’re not in a good enough position of scoring a goal?

Surely someone taking a shot is a sign that their position, wherever they’re taking it from is acceptable place to score in their mind?

When Alexis took shoots was less the off the goal available to him? was it more difficult for him to score? If so then why shoot?

It’s not about confidence, but generally about occupying the better position to score from. I’m sure Alexis is confident in scoring from wherever he shoots, but by playing on the wing he’ll more often have to take these shots from further away from goal while Giroud’s generally being fed right at the edge of the 6y box or slightly behind due to him being a target man and not highly mobile.

Same goes with every other striker out there that plays as a center forward that they should ideally always have better positions to score from as in having a closer distance and in general being more central to goal.

@JakeyBoy going for the internet points (as always).

1 Like

You making snide comments aimed at me (as always).

At least we’re both consistent.

1 Like

:thinking:

:giroud:

2 Likes

To be fair, Giroud has handled himself professionally this season, and made himself very effective as a rotation/#2 behind Sanchez.
So far I don’t have any complaint this season, and hope he can maintain this attitude and scoring touch for the remaining of the season.

3 Likes

For or against giroud the fact is we are still only, maybe a top 4 team at the very very best.
That seems to be height of our ambition with this board and manager.

Yeah he’s finally being used the way he should’ve been all along and it’s working almost perfectly.

Apart from that fiasco where he cheated on his Mrs Giroud is very professional, hasn’t thrown his toys out of the pram since being demoted and works his socks off for the team every time he gets a run out.

For the money there isn’t many if at all better #2 strikers in the league.

1 Like

[quote=“Darkseid, post:528, topic:92, full:true”]
Yeah he’s finally being used the way he should’ve been all along and it’s working almost perfectly.

Apart from that fiasco where he cheated on his Mrs Giroud is very professional, hasn’t thrown his toys out of the pram since being demoted and works his socks off for the team every time he gets a run out.
[/quote]I agree.
He has probably had his best season, and ironically it’s when he has been demoted to second choice.

For the money there isn’t many if at all better #2 strikers in the league.

He should have been second choice after we sold RVP.
Instead we have a second choice striker playing as our first choice striker for more than four seasons.
Let’s hope Sanchez signs a new contract, so it stays that way.

1 Like

Happy he signed a new contract. Great reserve to have.

Probably be 1st Choice again when Sanchez leaves in the summer.

Cameo role for him tomorrow, flushing up his goal tally with a majestic chip over a wrong-footed Fabianski.

1 Like

He’s in form, fresh mentally and physically. I’d start him and give Alexis additional rest, we should have more than enough for Swansea

What Exactly are we resting Alexis for ? May as well use him as much as possible before he leaves in the Summer IMO.

To reduce the effects of fatigue build up and prevent burnout later during the business end.

Alexis isn’t going anywhere, he’s more likely to sign than Ozil imo. I think you’ve read too much into his little temper tantrums tbh it’s not really indicative of his mood regarding his situation at this club

In regards to point one all we will be competing for at a maximum come April is the FA cup so I’m not overly concerned.

Its not due to the temper tantrums that I think he will be leaving, I have said for the last 12 months if we don’t win a league Title or at least come close I think Alexis and Probably Ozil will be off after the 16-17 season.

Sanchez has gone 10 days without kicking a ball in anger, how much rest do you want to give him :frowning:

Get him and Ozil out there and destroy Swansea before half time.

2 Likes

Another game, another goal for Olly.

Concerns about the ankle injury he’s picked up. Hope it’s nothing serious. Wenger’s not sure of the extent of the injury atm.

"Olivier Giroud did well again and he was important for us. He had an ankle injury after 30-35 minutes and got to 60 minutes.

2 Likes

Hopefully he didn’t suffer a major damage by playing 25 minutes more.

Really don’t like watching Arsenal play when he’s playing.

10 Likes