Olivier Giroud

Id rather keep Giroud …I just don’t rate Lacazette and Giroud can score some decent goals, only thing about him is his lack of pace etc but he has always done a job for us and never really complained (apart from on the pitch whilst on the floor)

I just am not sold with Lacazette, i am not saying we will go backwards with him but i just dont think he is a leap forward either. If we do get him i just hope i will be proved wrong!

2 Likes

Shouldn’t let him go unless he’s totally against being used interchangeably with different types of strikers in the squad. We don’t have a two striker system and it doesn’t seem likely we’ll transition to one any time soon. Wenger’s used him well since we went 3-4-3 and he’s been solid for France too. He’s such a useful member of the squad but should understand his role. Never an out and out first choice CF option for us but a significant piece of the puzzle in a successful squad.

:giroud3:

Feels like we have enough potential upheaval already without adding to it by selling Giroud too. I barely have faith in our ability to potentially replace Alexis(/Ozil) and address our current squad issues in the market without adding to it by selling players who have recently signed extensions.

1 Like

Giroud is much too good for West Ham ffs

2 Likes

Yeah this is all starting to worry me.

Uncertainty around sanchez Ozil Ox Giroud etc. And yet we still aren’t making any real moves in the transfer market.

I hope this doesn’t get messy.

1 Like

We have the professor at the helm, what could possibly go wrong ?

3 Likes

Christ I hope he goes.

I wouldn’t be confident of getting a replacement second striker to come in and score at the rate he did last season from the bench. In better times I could understand replacing him but we have a big long campaign coming with the EL and I’d rather not lose more players from our attack rght now with Alexis and Ozil possibly leaving.

I have a fair idea of your reasons for wanting get him out because you’ve held that line for a while now, and it’s a fair enough position so not trying to debate with you as I understand the thinking.

5 Likes

I’d hate to see him go, he’s become invaluable to us as a second option.

1 Like

You watch him, if he did go to West ham score a crucial goal against us, always fucking happens!

Funnily enough I don’t see Wenger letting Giroud walk this summer unless he finally gets in some pretty juicy strikers.

That would be too much even for him.

Reckon he’ll only go if we sign Lacazette. Shame really as he is a good back up option.

1 Like

So we are replacing him with that guy from Monaco? :giroud3:

Selling Giroud would be dumb and even if we bring in a world class striker (or even Lacazette) it would still be dumb to sell him, he’s our super sub and honestly a really handy player to have. The only reason to sell him would be if he actually wants to leave but I don’t think he does, plus he’s too good for West Ham

1 Like

Is Lacazette even in the French team? Only asking because Giroud is banging in a goal every match for them and I can’t recall even seeing Lacazette on the team sheet.

1 Like

Lacazette is being kept out of the team by Giroud, ironically.

@JakeyBoy is 110% correct.

As much as I don’t enjoy watching him play some times it’s hard to argue with the amount of goals he’s scored and the amount of big goals he’s scored. The hat trick to get us out of the group stage comes to mind.

I know people really hate him because he’s not the class of striker we assumed Wenger would sign after screwing up the RVP situation. It became increasingly apparent that as much as Wenger loves Giroud, he keeps trying to replace him. First with the botched Higuain and Suarez signings, moving Gervinho to striker, moving Theo to striker, playing Ozil as a false nine, playing Sanogo as a striker … on and on and on.

But I would worry about losing both Sanchez and Giroud in the same window. Welbeck cannot seem to maintain his fitness and I just can’t see Wenger buying two strikers in this window. Unless, somehow, he buys a replacement for Sanchez and promotes Lucas Perez to second choice.

I certainly understand the appreciation for him as a plan b player but If Giroud was struggling to get minutes in one of the worst Arsenal sides of 20 years I can’t see how he’s going to fit in if we do our business right in summer.

I’ll honestly be relieved to never have to watch his awkward, slow and clumsy play destroy our tempo ever again. He’ll suit somewhere like West Ham down to the ground. I genuinely believe it’s best for both parties if we part ways at this point.

2 Likes

Personally, despite all the criticism Giroud gets I wouldn’t want to see him sold . He does offer the team a different option up front . Competition for places should make the players hungry. With the PL league getting harder we’ll need to have every attacking option covered .