Olivier Giroud

You’re confusing agility, athleticism and decision making with technique. And maybe those can overcome his poor technique, we’ll see how his career pans out.

Either way the rumours are it looks like Morata is off to Milan

No, I’m not. Technique is demonstrated at pace, and in high-demand situations, is the point. I maybe didn’t express it well. And again, the poor technique bit is really just an invention of yours. Maybe you haven’t watched him very much. You talk about him like he’s Walcott or Chicharito or Bacca even.

I see Dolberg. I click like.

I am a simple man.

Dolberg. But we have to act quickly before his price increase badly.

1 Like

Just going from his comments I’d expect Dolberg to stay another year at Ajax. It would certainly be the better career choice.

1 Like

He scores the winner in the Europa League Final

Ajax: ‘we will not accept anything less than £90m’
:gabriel: :cech:

2 Likes

Does it really matter who we buy? We have Sanchez who is proper world class but we are still not good enough to compete.
The most import player in the team is the manager. Get that right and the rest will just fall into place.
A good jockey will make poor gee gee win.

1 Like

Right on Len.

We could have Messi up top and we still wouldn’t win the league under this man.

With that said call me a glutton for punishment but every season I can’t stifle my excitement for potential transfers.

1 Like

So c’mon Manure? :gabriel:

Nah, it is far too simplistic for someone like Wenger to see a talent like Dolberg and for him to FUCKING BUY HIM, he has to dally and analyse everything to death and when he makes a decision…well we all know how it goes. So bloody sick of ‘Yes we kept an eye on him, we wanted to see how he developed, ultimately we tried to buy him but he decided to stay and then XYZ put a price we felt is too high and too much of a risk’ You know how it goes…sick to fuck of those soundbites now!

4 Likes

thing is, of the hundred or so flavour of the months that we almost signed, only a handful work out.

Everyone remembers the people that turmed big, but forget every other sod.

What flavours of the month have we actually ever signed though? When we sign youth it’s always unknowns like Jeff and Sanogo.

Even Nigerian Henry here hasn’t really been that known until we were linked with him.

2 Likes

For a top club we haven’t made any where near a good enough effort when it comes to bringing players young strikers through tbh.

Dolberg is right up our alley and with the Bergkamp connection you would’ve thought we’d be in the driving seat but it’s most likely the opposite and that’s some sad shit.

Ramsey! Ox! etc. Not many but a few.

1 Like

Ahh fair

Would have expected some of them to date closer to now than 2011 lol

2 Likes

This is a very good point. I’d go so far as to say even Suarez looks sometimes off-balance and out of control when he does some of the miraculous stuff he does… Giroud is sometimes graceful, but generally SLOW.

1 Like

Honestly? Thats all i said to myself when i wrote it. :sweat_smile:

Hoped no one noticed. :facepalm: :cry:

Super sub Olly, makes his mark once again! :giroud:

Would still very much like to keep him here next season, guess it depends on first team action. But he’s still an asset to have here at Arsenal.

13 Likes

Certainly knows how to connect with Ramsey in cup finals.:giroud:

1 Like