Old Invincibles vs New Invincibles (FA Cup)

That’s embarrassing they’d be better off keeping their mouths shut instead of making themselves look like utter fools.

They dug themselves out of a hole again so lets not go overboard but they are woeful right now !

That two defeats in a row killed us. Until then we were doing well. We are not a team capable of facing difficult moments.

We gave AMN, JRA, Welboy & Holding some game time while playing close to the worst players in the squad on the rest of the positions and still won the game.

We were well scatterbrained in defense (especially in the first half) but getting a win with a reserve team while resting a bunch of first choice players is the best possible outcome there is.

Mustafi still unbeaten all comps iirc? hope it holds at least til we face Bayern lol

Arsenal have played a poor first half, but during the second - thanks to God - the reaction has been good. Matilas Niles has played a not poor game, but the lack of minimal qualities to be a RB has impressed me. Who said to him which can play on defense? He is an offensive player. When the ball was in our area, he didn’t kicked the ball outside the stadium to put the pressure away, but tried to play. I can understand the attitude to play a offensive football, but was too dangerous to have him on defense today.

Happy for Olivier and Lucas (he looks like a mix of Podolski and Eduardo).

Another thumb down for the partnership composed by Granit and Ramsey. I was sure about a good connection between them, but there are a big difference between our midfield with Elneny and our midfield without him. The egyptian is the best midfielder, and most useful player, at the moment. Not for this reason, but we need a new midfielder as soon as possible. Only two midfielders are not good enough to play one month, especially if one of them isn’t never 100% fit. It’s impossible to ask a world class player in January, but there are some players available for the next six months. I could understand Arsène if he should keep this squad not pondering a sign from another great club, but a type of sign like Kallstrom could be good now (Lassana Diarra, Nigel De Jong, M’Vila, Lucas Silva, Schweinsteiger, Bradley, Tiago).

That performance though :gabriel:

1 Like

Mustafi, Monreal, Xhaka, Chamberlain, Ramsey, Giroud, Iwobi. Ramsey and Chamberlain are shit most definitely. Those other five aren’t exactly the worst players in the squad. We played at least three starters, depending on where you put Xhaka and Giroud. Ospina is Wenger’s go to keeper for Cups, which makes four.

If you are not a team capable of facing difficult moments you will never be able to win the Premier League. Club needs an overhaul.

no they’re not exactly the worst players in the squad. Which is why I wrote close to. It’s in your quote. And my opinion depends on exactly where I place exactly all of them.

I don’t predict and we win. It’ll stay that way.

Bitter imo :confused:

1 Like

Being ironic imo :laughing:

3 Likes

Ospina, Xhaka and Giroud aren’t even close to the worst squad options. But sure.

Yes I went to this, really kinda wish I hadn’t though! A comeback win by my man Olly G is always welcome, but I feel like applying for a 50% refund on the ticket price.

That first half we looked so bad up against a mid-table Championship side. The defenders and midfielders in particular. Wenger talks again about the team being surprised by the “commitment” of Preston (or was it the interchangeable “intensity” this time). Why are you surprised by this Arsene? Why should you ever be surprised more than once by this, with the same set of players?

We’re a joke at the moment. Some great players, some great attacking football played at times, but the whole mental side of our team, the preparedness etc., is just comically bad.

1 Like

Oh and the first away game i’ve been to in a while, but nice to see more bitter infighting (as in, physical fighting) and an extremely sour attitude among / between our fans. Not :slight_smile:

1 Like

As true as that is and how meaningless our method of getting through is at this stage, I can’t look at that performance and think anything other than how badly below our potential we are.

Manager created some hope for himself after the Chelsea game but again this season so frequently we see such outright bad organisation and synergy that I don’t see what there is to celebrate about the result, because there are no signs anywhere that we are going to improve.

1 Like

Heres a thing , we don’t have enough creativity without Santi so why not play Giroud up front with Perez and play a few more direct balls up front .
You never know but now and again Giroud could knock down a cross to Perez and get the return and score.
Sounds simple I know and might involve a change in our 1 dimensional tic tacs but hell it might just work !

1 Like

Agree with you on all of it mate. Just I love the cup and while your in it we can win that.
For all your other observations its why we wont win anything else.
In fact we will be taken apart in europe and fall well short in the league.
But FA cup we have hope and im taking it.

Knowing our manager as we do, and regardless of his team selection, you really have to ask these questions Robin?

I stand by my opinion and it will never change, Wenger is done and is incapable of taking this team (or any other team) to the top.

@Robin_L, have you cursed Mustafi? He has been shit since he came back :expressionless: