OA origins/Favourite moments

The GFP (Danny) and his naked posing pictures were hilarious. The amount of arguments him and TA6 used to constantly get into.

Zaphod was always one of my favourites too, Icelandic if I remember, rarely posted anything aside from some epic photographs.

Also remember a Barca fan called L33t who seemed half sensible but turned into a bit of a cock by the time he left.

2 Likes

I agree with all moments posted above.

What I also love about OA is how vibrant the place got when we played the FA Cup finals. Hull, Aston Villa and especially Chelsea. I sometimes look back at those threads, they are still fun to read, I think we broke the like record on those days. So many good memes as well.

I’m sure there are more moments, I’ll have to dig a little deeper as I’ve been here since 2004 as well. Wow.

2 Likes

Anyone remember Number 8? Think he always had a Bergkamp avi? Another great lad who hasn’t been seen for years. Bavin and his odd McDonald’s Grimace butt avitar? Looool.

Topo’s sweary posts were hilarious to read too :laughing:

4 Likes

That’s who I was thinking about but I couldn’t quite put my finger on is name. He was a top member too.

He’s the guy that looked like Gael Clichy :grinning:

1 Like

Quite honestly That was overblown.

Haha yes! That’s the chap.

Anyone remember this Arab guy badman?

He was some weird 11 year old kid or something, I was probably his only friend on msn. Everyone was making fun of him and he got pissed off and hacked the site :joy:

1 Like

Nah, he was never a cock. He just defended his club a lot and none of us were really in the mood to hear Barca defended like that.

1 Like

Chelsea Fan and Rafa Benitez were a couple of good rival fans who used to post quite a bit. Could take us behind rude about their clubs in good humour and also had the good grace not to troll or take the piss too much.

NicklasB52 was a really funny guy.

There was also a poster called Josh who was class.

Obviously loads more who have slipped my mind at the moment, plus lots of great ones already mentioned.

1 Like

2004 is really long! I’ve been on Goonersweb since 2006, but I can’t boast of anything before then

Haha…I think he moved to India and is selling food in Bangalore. I remember catching up with him for beers in 2012 while he was still working on his startup idea.

So many of old guys gone Collyboy, Yogi, Judders, Luke, The invincibles and so many more.

2 Likes

wow yeah, that was a thing

1 Like

Gooner-Wasp!

4 Likes

Remember going viral with a post without watermarking it🙄

7 Likes

When I started on OA I was in my 20’s living in a one bedroom “apartment” aka shanty in Iowa getting fucked up all of the time and living the single life, just starting out in the corporate world.

Now I’m late 30’s, 4 job changes (in the same company), married, have a kid, just bought my 4th house and live in Ohio.

12 Likes

On behalf of OA, you’re welcome.

10 Likes

I seem to remember CescyFootball arguing with everyone back in the day. Luckily we’ve been blessed with a stream of argumentative fuckers ever since to keep me entertained.

2 Likes

BradyMagic

Time flies! I joined in 2006 I think. Since then I’ve gone from dental examinations, 2 jobs and being single in a small abmyssal town, to moving 500km for a new job, marriage and 3 kids.

I’m not the most frequent poster but I doubt anyone reads as many posts as I do :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: I perticulary remember @JakeyBoy from back then. He’s gone from a irritating snotty little know-it-all, that could drive ppl crazy, to a great poster who’s contributions often make more sense then any others. :kissing_heart:
And topo, topo, topo… Thanks for not banning me from the old forum when my patience with him finally ended :arteta:

I hope and think that the future looks bright for OA. Great place to be with great ppl.

8 Likes