Nottingham Forest Vs Arsenal (EFL Cup 3rd Round)

Great game! enjoyed it :slight_smile:

1 Like

We looked at it from kickoff. Really enjoyable and shows what squad depth can do - everyone looked like they had something to prove! Very pleased.

Thought Perez, Elneny and Xhaka were class. Akpom very good too.

Was a great game for our new boys but we didn’t spend 60 million to flaunt a victory in this shitty cup, it’s about time they started getting serious minutes in competitions that matter.

He did! :smiley: :smiley:

2 Likes

[quote=“Cristo, post:44, topic:687, full:true”]
He did!
[/quote]Let’s hope it’s a start of burying this dreaded number 9 shirt curse we’ve suffered far too long with!

1 Like

Really mature EFL Cup squad we have this year. We’ve had so many inexperienced line-ups in this tournament throughout the years, but this one is actually quality and fairly experienced. The commentator said the line-up cost about £85,000,000 in total.

1 Like

Didn’t remember Lansbury being such a sneaky cunt. He should have been sent off.

Great night out on a beatiful autumnal evening by the trent .Respect for Clough on 12 mins , Forest huffed n puffed n then got Xhaka’d and the rest was a formality . They all worked hard, were guilty of over elaboration at times, but they did the job well .
The Lord Bendtner got a very friendly reception from us and was clearly moved as he came over and applauded us afterwards.Because of the work of Xhaka and Elneny ,not to mention Maitland Niles the Ox got a free attacking role and was always a threat ,Chuba was a menace throughout and clearly enjoyed the run out . Sry I forget Lucas did well too ,praise where its due !~

1 Like

Watched on a shitty stream, 2 minutes of football then 30 seconds buffering. Glad for Lucas and was impressed with his runs. Just have to play a more direct game and we will get the most of him. But I do think our stale link up with Giroud will take time to wear of.
And Martinez… I don’t know but he always give me confidence. I’m not worried he will f*ck it up like Schezny or Fab. Calmness and stability personified.
All and all a good game and they all showed they want a piece of more first team football.

Thought we put in a really high level of performance there. The football was beautiful to watch and the Arsenal name was lived up to. Early season form gradually picking up and depth being displayed.

We gave Bendtner wayyy to much applause like he was some legend for us. No way would that have been the case if we were drawing or losing.

1 Like

Yeah that’s what I thought as well, we were in a good mood haha. We would probably have applauded for Amaury Bischoff like he was an Arsenal icon.

I told everyone it would make Cristo happy if we gave the Lord a rousing reception. They asked who Cristo was. I told them. They sang.

5 Likes

Fairly easy 3 points in the end, Bendtner should’ve scored early of course to make it 1-0 and then it’s probably a very different game, but from about minute 20 onwards we were in complete control.

Always good when you can make 11 changes and then win a game like that with a team comprised of newbies, yoof and players without pitch time this season. I feel this game was made so comfortable by the outstanding quality of Granit Xhaka and Mohamed Elneny in midfield, which made everyone elses’ job easier. So credit to Wenger on making a brave decision but retaining some sense and balance with his selection. I have to admit I was slightly worried by Gabriel / Holding, but Forest weren’t good enough to cause them problems.

I liked Perez too, his 2nd goal impressed me a lot. The sort of guy who is quite intense on the pitch, needed a goal to get him going and I think now he might be a useful player for us. Akpom outshone Reine-Adelaide on the other flank. Oxlade-Chamberlain kept going and was quite involved, should’ve scored before he did and glad he got his goal. I would’ve brought on Willock 5-10 minutes earlier and also Mavididi over Zelalem perhaps.

1 Like

? mmm theres was me thinking it was a cup match !

1 Like

Come on Drayton, don’t be naive mate :flushed:. It’s always about the 3 points. Well, since 1981 anyway.

I was touched by the outpouring of emotion

1 Like

Bendtner did actually get as big a (positive) reception for a former player as I can remember in quite a while. Since Eduardo maybe, dunno?

Some would say a little OTT in all honesty

:campbell: I had a great evening ,no angst, just up for a good game and it was a good game !
I dont think NB52 would have had the same if he had scored and we had lost !