Nacho Monreal

Our defenders should really learn to look across the line and try to play on an even line when someone is playing off the shoulder. Look at where Kossy was, if he was further back they couldda stepped up and he would be caught offside, do they not know the offside trap? Its something they should be trying to perfect…that back line is terrible, it should be exactly that a LINE!

1 Like

I concur, @Gladiator

Positioning-wise, Monreal should be even further forward, to cover Ozil.

First, It was a fucking mistake by Welbeck… who tried to do a Messi dribbling past 4 defenders… a costly and unnecessary turnover.

Second, which I said many times already, Mustafi should be 100% concentrated to cover Kos, not fucking run towards the goal. CB covers each other, basic defending… and to say, there is no more Atletico attacking players around. What the fuck he was thinking???

Who was in the center circle besides Kos and Mustafi?
Where was he in the end??? I did not see him in the video when Griez scored the goal.

If we play the blame game, there are at least 3 players should be blamed ahead of Monreal.

You think he is having a great season for all the goals scored, but he has been quite average.

1 Like

Would let him go tbh. Was awful in parts last season

He was one of our most consistent performers.

6 Likes

He should be upgraded very soon, playing him at LB is asking for trouble.

1 Like

I think he’s the best back up LB in the league.

I’m sure Emery can get the best out of Kolasinac

3 Likes

Good god no.

We have two good left backs that will fit Unai style - see no need to change.

1 Like

He is an attacking LB that may fit Emery’s style but he was a huge part of our defensive woes last season.

Ambivalent about him.

Player of the season last season. Would be mad to let him go. We can still get a good 2-3 years out of him. Love nacho !

2 Likes

Don’t even think he had a good year last year let alone getting another 2-3 out of him.

Would be happy if he was moved on.

3 Likes

He was one of our best and most consistent defenders last season, even when he was playing at CB so why would we sell him?
It’s not as if we’re going to get 40m for him.

3 Likes

I’m not particularly attached to him but how many LBs/LWBs do we have?

Why are we selling our second best striker?

4 Likes

It was easy to be one of our most consistent players last season, it was a shit show.

Playing him at LB he will get rinsed, he doesn’t have much in the legs anymore. Sure he’s scoring some goals but that’s not his main function.

1 Like

He’s completetly done as an athlete, he gets beaten by the most averages wingers in the league.

3 Likes

Good squad management is knowing when to get rid of players too. Just because you think you can squeeze some more time out of someone doesn’t mean you should.

8 Likes

He can only play as CB now. I’d keep him only if we couldn’t get another CB.

1 Like

Can’t believe people think he had a good season haha. He was shit for the majority.

2 Likes