Mikel Arteta (Soon to be Mr. Manager)

And they are failures as well.

Just because there are examples of failure doesn’t excuse Guardiola from being a failure if he fails to deliver several trophies.

Guardiola hasn’t spent anything. Manchester City have. Football is not a business. They’re not after a return on an investment. They clearly don’t care about negotiating or paying a fair price, so how much is being spent isn’t a measure of anything. Clubs know City will pay anything so they charge them silly prices. Because Guardiola is there at the time when Neymar’s are going for £200m rather than the time when Aguero’s were going for £35m doesn’t have any bearing on his coaching ability at all. Because Mourinho was at Chelsea at a time when they blagged the best fullback in the league for £5m + Gallas and Guardiola was at City at a time when they were happy to throw £45m at Walker doesn’t make either of them a better coach than the other.

Every City side in the last 5 years has been expensive and contained a load of pointless overpriced squad players. Plenty of big clubs have spent money but bought badly and played badly.

Pep’s City are doing better than Madrid, Barca, PSG and United who are all capable of spending in the same sort of category (and if they’re not spending it’s because they already have top calibre players in those positions where they spent before or they’re paying players £500k a week).

It seems haters really are gonna hate. I’m sure if we’d sold Alexis for £55m and bought Lemar for £90m people would still choose to talk about how much Pep was spending rather than Wenger.

5 Likes

That is pretty simplistic… if they didn’t reliably compete, that would be one thing, but sport is littered with massive deltas in spending and it doesn’t ALWAYS correlate EVERY year with results perfectly… especially in a league like the premier league where the overall level of spending has increased massively (ie. the ratios have changed) and we have several massive clubs always potentially in the running.

Please provide me evidence of me taking shit about Guardiola for years.

If you don’t have any, then go fuck yourself and shove your lies up your pompous little Spanish ass.

Please, you did this same routine on the old forum all the time, trying to downplay/hating on Guardiola whenever you could. Just because the old forum isn’t open doesn’t mean I have the memory of a fish. You’re not fooling anyone with that post above lol.

Yes because Guardiola would have still bought players worth 5 times more than that.

Yeah hide behind the ‘Old OA is not available’ excuse liar.

2 Likes

Success has always come with money.
United, Chelsea, City, Barcelona, Real Madrid, Bayern, PSG have all been better than their domestic rivals because of superior monetary power.r

It’s like rewarding Aletta Ocean ‘most erect boobs ever’ among the nominees with real boobs.

At the end of the day, her erectness is down to money spent.

I am sleepy. Don’t judge the analogy.

3 Likes

Lmao I like that one!

Of course I’ve no clue who aletta ocean is nor do i have an idea about how fake her boobies are but I still lol’d :grin:

1 Like

lol you’ve got some balls to call me a liar when you’ve been spouting your ignorance about Guardiola/downplaying his achievements since I registered on the forum in 2012. Don’t think because you throw in some token ‘I appreciate his football’ line to give the faintest illusion of objectivity that we are all idiots and fall for it.

P€p G₩ard¥o£a

I’m willing to support @AbouCuellar on this one and say I remember @Trion talking down on Pep on the old forum too.

Nah as i remember Trion was always saying how much he respected Pep’s football. It caused a lot of arguments between me and Trion back then, remember it like it was yesterday.

1 Like

You right, let me fix that:

My opinion on Guardiola is available here as well.

He is a genius and his football is admirable but he needs a certain set of players to make his football work.

That is not downplaying. That is reality.

1 Like

Whoah u called me an idiot!? I’m offended by your edginess!! Actually more jealous that ur such an internet bad ass, wish i was more unpredictable like you! :disappointed_relieved:

Or maybe you need to come to terms that you are too immature to understand that a human being can have an opinion in grey areas.
It is not always black and white.

If you took a break from being a hipster, you would know that world is filled with circumstances where you have to have grey opinions.

Nah, I called you a4tt. :wink:

Still not fooling anyone. Keep trying. The genius part wasn’t there before and the needing a certain set of players was basically, “Guardiola needs generational talents like Xavi, Messi, and Iniesta” for his football to work. Then when it was Bayern and his football worked regardless it was: but yeah, look at these CL failures. Now it’s grasping at the money straw.

Trust me, I love grey areas. I’m a great fan of detail and nuance. That’s why I can see quite easily how bad your arguments are, because if you can perceive grey areas in a good argument you can much easily appreciate huge fallacies and ignorance in a poor one. :slight_smile:

How many players have Man City bought that were genuine world class players when they bought them?
They have had a net spend of around 200m in the last three seasons and Stones and Walker was about 100m of that, so they’re not exactly buying up all of Europe’s best players, they are just buying very good players that fit into a system that Guardiola knows will work.

According to Wenger and his equally stubborn supporters, we didn’t need any players apart from a GK a few seasons ago, and equally as stupid, he decided that making a profit in the last transfer window was more important than actually trying to compete for the PL title.

Wenger is a shambles in the market and shows no ambition at all, preferring to stick with the same uninspiring players that let him down every season, and when he does spend it’s often the wrong player in the wrong position.

Imagine Guardiola waiting more than five seasons to buy a striker, which is what Wenger did.
Wenger supporters seem to think that Gaurdiola’s success is just down to his spending, when it is down to the fact he is a manager who does his utmost, unlike Wenger who is in the safest job in Europe.

Guardiola is the complete opposite, he is a winner who doesn’t hang around persisting with players like Giroud, Denilson, Diaby, Walcott, Wilshere, Ramsey, etc, and doesn’t dither endlessly over a new striker, or DM, or any other position that desperately needs filling.
He is decisive and no player in his team is a guaranteed starter, not even Aguero who is arguably the best striker in the PL.

There is a culture at our club of doing the bare minimum.
We have tactically bad defensive organisation, physically and mentally weak players, several players that are in playing in a comfort zone, a manager under no pressure, and who is an absolute joke in the transfer market and who is incapable of keeping hold of his best players.

None of this is new, it has been going on for several seasons, and unless we get a manager in who is the opposite of Wenger, and more like Guardiola, it will continue.