Mikel Arteta (Soon to be Mr. Manager)

Arteta from 11-13 was as good a 6 as we’ve had in a long time, as good as Gilberto and Petit in their prime, just in worse teams and without the golden mist of nostalgia added.

1 Like

Wouldn’t say he was that good but he was definitely the best DM from the Emirates era and hugely underrated during his time here imo.

Everyone seemed to roast him for the sideways passes etc. But Arsenal’s play got a whole lot worse since he declined.

1 Like

What happen to the “anything is better than Wenger” attitude I got from some of you?

Now it’s time to bring back the famous advert in Arsenal’s history to recruit a manager.

“Arsenal Football Club is open to receive applications for the position of TEAM MANAGER. He must be experienced and possess the highest qualifications for the post, both as to ability and personal character. Gentlemen whose sole ability to build up a good side depends on the payment of heavy and exhorbitant transfer fees need not apply.”

Arsenal’s philosophy not just Wenger’s…

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/MrArsenicTM/status/996337073404678144

https://twitter.com/MrArsenicTM/status/996344507905069056

Look, sacking Wenga was just to protect themselves. Greedy cunts.

1 Like

Fucking pathetic :facepalm:

I want you to email Gazidis and apologise for this slander when we win the treble.

Penne arrabiata

2 Likes

Everything seems to be pointing to Arteta now. I’m just excited to have a new manager come on at the club, but this one will definitely be a hit or miss, we’re not be skating around fourth place. It’ll be glory or failure :grin:

1 Like

IT’S ACTUALLY HAPPENING?!?!

First Wenger announcing his resignation on a Friday in New York, now Arteta on San Isidro :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

Feels too good to be true :crossed_fingers:

Get lost. Nothing against Arteta, but he is zero experience as manager.

Spanish going spanish. Typical.

2 Likes

Will be quoting this in 2 years time. Love the search function on this forum.

Arteta and Xabi Alonso :giroud2:

1 Like

You have lost the plot FFS!

I feel all this hype is making me come around a bit, the same way a little bit of hype made me come around a bit when we signed best winner of possession in the opposing half Danny Welbeck.

5 Likes

ARTETREBLE INCOMING LADSSSS

:cech::gabriel::giroud2::santi:

1 Like

If we get Arteta I take it there’s a 100% chance we’ll be seeing you at the Emirates next season :grin:

1 Like

Yeah, until the restraining order kicks in :grin:

1 Like

Don’t be jealous Jade my asian friend, jealousy is what leads to actual restraining orders, just ask @Trion

It would be a good time to break my seven year drought… definitely should make sure I attend at least one home game in ARTREBLE season.

2 Likes

We are so fucked, for fucks sake.

Fuck.

3 Likes

Luca you do that every weekend :wink:

1 Like