Mesut Özil

Not a typical footballer pad IMO. Would have been a fairly elegant house until some tasteless fucker plonked that barnacle of a flat roof dormer on the left and that hideous garage/ rear extension on it. All about the sqft these days in London.

Not short of garden furniture though.

YES MESUT :heart: :ozil:

2 Likes

Ich liebe Mesut! :slight_smile:

John Cross with the inside knowledge

1 Like

Can’t wait till we finally fucking put this ‘lacking ambition’ stuff to bed. Hopefully this summer was a turning point.

1 Like

A top striker and you’re sorted for long term

2 Likes

If we couldn’t sign Aubameyang for €80m i honestly don’t think there’s any hope.

Unless Sturridge pushes for a move and Liverpool are retarded enough to sell to us.

It’s a vicious cycle because Lewandowski, Griezmann, Aguero level strikers won’t leave their clubs for a team like us until we start winning the big trophies but we can’t win the big trophies until we can get strikers like them.

4 Likes

That’s to say if Ozil and Alexis are still around when we sign that top striker or perhaps winger in the case Alexis continues his fine form upfront.

I do agree though that we have a brilliant long term squad atm but it means very little if you’re kinda short up top.

TBH it shouldn’t be impossible to win the Premier League with the squad we currently have as Leicester won it last season and Liverpool will be right in the mix this year and how many players of those two teams would make our starting 11 ?

Leicester is not a bench mark. At all. That’s just an unique situation.

Liverpool seems to have better coaching though. We seem to have been the same team and have the same limitations for the past 3,5 seasons. Whilst there have been some change in players.

1 Like

This summer’s business? Signing a decent CB isn’t really headline news so I can only assume it was Xhaka taking Ramsey out of our midfield that convinced him we might go somewhere :ozil:

2 Likes

35 million on a defender is a pretty decent move by Wenger in all honesty. If you can ignore Gabriel acting like he was practically crippled during his early injury.

Of course most brilliant managers would use the issue of Gabriel as a reason to buy a high class CB regardless of being fit or injured.

Did precisely fuck all today. When he is good, he is unplayable. Otherwise, one of the most flawed players I’ve ever seen.

Brings a new dimension to ‘lightweight’. Wonder if AC noticed?

He had Eleneny and Coquelin behind him. What did you expect? He needs help.

Exactly. I haven’t watched the match but he needs space to thrive in and if there are four passengers to his sides and behind him then he won’t be effective, few players are that good.

Yeah, go on, blame the beautiful woman for having got into an abusive relationship.

3 Likes

So, he still played poorly? His decision making and vague attempts at ball recovery were laughable and had little to do with the two behind him.

@AbouCuellar you can’t really twist it, he had a piss poor game. Save one or two nutmegs.

Balance people. Jesus.

There’s no need to twist it. I don’t blame the mailman for not delivering my package if it never arrived to him in the first place.

Sanchez had no problems dropping deep and trying to dictate play. No reason at all ozil couldn’t have started dropping into CM to get us going forward.

Every individual is capable of affecting the game. Can’t sit there and say well Coquelin/Eleneny are crap so that’s that. It was completely within Ozil to have more impact in that game by dropping deep himself.

Everyone was abject. But as our best footballer ozil didn’t adapt or do anything to kick us on.

Any criticism he gets is warranted alongside everyone else out there.

3 Likes

Okay topo. That’s enough internet for one day.