Mesut Özil

It’s worth paying him 250k a week or more simply because it will cost us twice what we paid to replace him and if we want to attract similar players to come here, what better incentive for a prospective player than to play with the likes of Ozil and Sanchez.

Just pay him what he wants.
If he is holding out because we have still not managed to get a world class striker after more than four seasons, then buy what we need.

2 Likes

Score against Tottenham and then sign da thing :slight_smile:

He’s on a reported 140k a week, is he really going to commit 5 years for a 14% pay rise? There must be reputable clubs willing to give him £200-250k and non-reputable clubs willing to give him more. It sounds like bollocks. There’s no way he’s dragged this out for so long for an extra £20k a week. Unless he’s squeezed a cheeky release clause in there somewhere :wink:.

It’s not just the wage a player is worth but the cost of getting them to agree to a 5 year deal. The 5 years is the most important part, so often you need to overpay to secure it and for a 5 year deal chances are the wage at the start might seem high but in 5 years time it’ll probably be considered great value.

If he’s not the best #10 in the world then he’s at least the best #10 for Wenger in the world. He is literally irreplaceable to us.

4 Likes

That gap can be made up in other ways though. A bigger signing fee, a bigger cut from merchandise with his name attached to it etc.

5 Likes

Mesut goes through the key moments of his football career so far. Really good video! :slight_smile: Mesut has really good English now.

1 Like

“We played the U21 tournament in Sweden. In the final we played England and of course we won. Easy. 4-Zero”

Fack you! :bellerin:

4 Likes

As if it is hard to score 4 goals against England

https://i.guim.co.uk/img/static/sys-images/Football/Pix/pictures/2015/10/12/1444656933615/Zlatan-Ibrahimovic-010.jpg?w=620&q=55&auto=format&usm=12&fit=max&s=649e7df97380c33153d46f0720b2ab1f

1 Like

Man, this was so gleefully condescending, it made my day. :poldi:

5 Likes

If I were Wenger/Arsenal, I would just raise his salary to 200k (up to 250k) and have him signed the long term deal ASAP.

It is just a bad to have this drag on again…
Like you said, there are reputable clubs that are able to pay that amount (200-250k) and have equal or higher chance to win something… and some non-reputable can offer more.

Just give him the amount that he can’t refuse… it worth…

Goal.com says United are plotting a move for Ozil.
Mou is a long time Ozil admirer and called him the best #10 when he was with Madrid.
There were speculations because Ozil’s contact extension was continue to stall.

Any chance that it will happen?

Repeat after me, Goal.com is fucking bullshit.

11 Likes

The only way it happens is if ozil is a complete and utter cunt. I don’t think he is.

I can repeat 10 times… Goal.com is fucking bullshit, but it won’t change the fact that Ozil still hasn’t signed the extension.

@shamrockgooner
5 years ago most believe RVP was a cunt, but now some changed opinions and think he made a good football decision.

Obviously United can spend. If Mou is willing to build a contender around Ozil and give him a pay check that can match Rooney’s… any chance that he will go?
Anything can happen, pal.

No way. He would probably go back to Germany or Spain if he left.

Why should he be loyal to us? He should put himself in a position to succeed both competitvely and financially. If that would mean joining United he should.

1 Like

I’d disagree. It’s a losers mentality to think that way. If you can’t beat them, join them? Financially is a different story. Arsenal need to pay him the going rate for a player of his caliber, but to leave for a different reason would be disappointing. He’s got a right to chose but to stack the deck in your favor because you can’t get it done on a level playing field is the type of losers mentality that I’d rather not have on my team.

To put himself in position to succeed, then United is certainly not the destination.

As a football club, Arsenal also has a obligation to put players in a position to succeed. Players can’t win League titles on their own. This is his fourth year with us and early indications point towards us, still, not having made the next step. Our management/training staff is failing in putting a competitive team around him. It’s only natural players are going to question if Arsenal if the right place to fulfill there ambitions.

1 Like

I hope that if Ozil does leave it won’t be to a PL club, let alone Man U, with Mourinho, his most hated rival.
I never thought Wenger would sell RVP to a PL club, let alone Man U, with Ferguson, his most hated rival.
But he did.

Not only that, it gave Man U the title, and we ended up with Giroud as his replacement.

That was around four seasons ago, and guess what, Giroud is still our main striker, and Ozil is still waiting, like Sanchez, for us to buy a world class striker.

Why would he be stalling on a new contract?

2 Likes