Mesut Özil

What, like Barcelona for example? :wink:

88 (?) Appearances just FYI.

Of course he could play for Bayern. I have doubts whether he’d be undisputed starter from the flanks before the inefficiency in his game lead to him being dropped.

I’m naturally more objective when it comes when it comes to Arsenal players. I don’t suffer from an subjective bias when it comes to Arsenal players. Alexis has alot of obvious flaws which alot of people refuse to recognize because of his likability which I find annoying. It often leads me to dig a little deeper when looking over him as a player. The same thing was evident with Ramsey before I went after him.

I don’t deny he’s a extremely hard worker with a elite mentality to win but there’s a detrimental flip side to that type of volatile and erratic mentality that often goes unnoticed by many. Sometimes the way he behaves on the pitch is not something you’d expect from a mature and experienced footballer. My mind goes back to the issue where his desire to play regardless of his physical condition cause a problem for the manager because he’d sulk if rested. He should know better at this stage.

South Americans are generally very weird when it comes to man management issues and mentality in Europe.

But I don’t get it twisted I enjoy watching him, I rate the guy very highly and I hope he signs a renewal. He’s a great asset for this club but there are obvious flaws. Last season he was horrendous for by his standards and I expect alot more from him this season in terms of league goals and big game performances.

Sigh. Another round of what constitutes being a ‘world class’ player debate.

1 Like

3 Likes

Ozil scoring more this season could be the key to win the title, imo.

1 Like

11 Likes

The longer his contract extension drags on, the more I worry.

Yes, he is having his best goal scoring form of his life right now… we just need to tie him up ASAP, or all of these brilliant performances were just showcase for his new manager/owner, not us.

250-300k a week is a must.

p.s. Sanchez has proved it for Chile NT, Barcelona and for Arsenal. He is a WC IMO.

1 Like

He is not better, but also not worse, than Robben, Ribery and maybe even Douglas Costa. I don’t think he would ‘walk’ into that team.

I’d probably pick the Barcelona and Madrid wingers over him too.

1:13 - Mesut is the ‘teacher’s pet’ apparently :ozil2:

He may be the dullest human being alive.

5 Likes

Mesut Wenger :wenger:

Agreed tbh.

Arsenal FC @ Arsenal
We think you’ll enjoy this
Mesut played a big part in helping us to win last night - and tomorrow he’s going to be on hand to assist you…

Arsenal FC ‏@ Arsenal
Have a problem that needs fixing? Tweet us using #AssistMeMesut and we’ll see if @MesutOzil1088 can help you sort it out

haha this is quite good tbf. Can he fix MDC? @Mysty :wink:

1 Like

Do we actually have a twitter account? (I should know this but I don’t do the twitters)

We should totally tweet them with that hashtag asking if he can help us fix the match day chat, if phrased right it could gain some traction, get us some new members and even a retweet or two

2 Likes

@JakeyBoy

https://twitter.com/online_arsenal

Hope this is true!

7 Likes

Yessssss

Great news!

Low gave him rest too last season, didn’t he? Because of no winter break.

Germany have a real care for their key players which is really refreshing to see.

2 Likes