Mesut Özil

Better than Jesus.

1 Like

Seriously, what is Gabriel doing in this picture? The poor lad can’t even get the “Özil-celebration” right.:wilshere:

Interesting thread.

Starting to believe Ozil’s finish against Chelsea & United were deliberate.

Mesut is on target to have his highest scoring season of his career.

Mesut, sign da thing now :ozil2:

1 Like

https://cdn-e1.streamable.com/video/mp4/afme.mp4?token=1478155360_539dba3fd5dfc471e855e4ad8d3fecf3c5cfc216

https://cdn-e1.streamable.com/video/mp4/2fvj.mp4?token=1478155473_621fb773eace6da2fbd3e669dd5eecd40189a6a4

Posting the instances of those finishes.

1 Like

Not as impressive as your lugubrious and banausic posts my friend.

3 Likes

He’s too good to mishit a final ball so badly and get so lucky more than once. He’s scared to shoot, maybe he’s convinced himself if it bounces off the floor it’s a perfect assist :ozil2:

6 Likes

Heh

Premiership reversal of the König!

Says it all really.

He just shoots in that way to make it difficult to save. It is deliberate.

Well…

Some nut job would say ‘i will let Ozil go if it means Wenger goes’

2 Likes

i will let Ozil go if it means Wenger goes tbh.

1 Like

Specific nut job like Castiel would say ‘i will let Ozil go if it means Wenger goes’

5 Likes

Wtf is that stupid blurb? Does it have an article accompanying it or is it just some random musing. Tbf you could read it either way. Either Özil wants AW to leave or he won’t sign on unless Wenger is retained.

1 Like

I don’t think Wenger is the issue, and probably not even the money.
It’s more likely he is waiting to see if one of the elite European clubs show an interest in him.
Let’s face it, he is probably the best in Europe in his position, so if a club like Barcelona came in for him and offered him the chance to play with Messi, Suarez and Neymar, would he turn it down?

This is his source probably:

They say he wants Wenger to extend.

But Goal is not the most reliable source.

1 Like

If he hadn’t left the most elite club in Europe by any standard, already being the best in his position then, to come here, because of Wenger I would probably agree. I also think Özil is the type of player who doesn’t care about money as long as he gets a decent salary, but nor does he care if he is in a RM tier club or an Arsenal tier club, as long as he 1) believes we can work our way to becoming a RM tier club, and 2) we have a manager that puts 100% of his trust in him.

I think Özil wants to be a central cog at his club with a manager who believes fully in him, and Wenger probably promised him exactly that to lure him over, and now he wants to confirm that Wenger stays to hold his deal. If Wenger leaves I think Özil would consider going somewhere else unless we have played our way to the top tier of clubs ourselves by then, which is what I hope we do ofc. Or Wenger might very well stay another 6-7 years and outlast Özil, who knows.

Deserves a statue if he wins us the league

2 Likes