Mesut Özil

Why do you think that? We didn’t last time when he waited until after the cup final to tell the club whether or not he was signing.

To tell the club or to tell the public?

I don’t think there is a disconnect between Gazidis and Wenger.

I think its pretty clear that prior to the fa cup final against hull the club had no idea if he was going to sign a new deal or not. I think it’s quite clear he had no idea himself. I’m not sure this season is any different tbh.

I obviously dont know any of that as fact, I just wouldn’t be at all sure the club is prepared right now.

Frankly I think Hamish in accounting has been kind of a tit lately so if we have to reduce the staff to 598 to afford Ozil I’m all in favor.

1 Like

https://snappytv-a.akamaihd.net/video/magnum/importasset/542150/clip/928000.mp4?token=1475072221_1d0bd520ee838d7c64553a2d16bba9fb

1 Like

Reports are that ozil has signed a new long term contract and taken Wilshere’s number 10 shirt as part of the deal. Wonder what that means for wilshere!

maybe Jack could return once Santi retires/leaves and take back the #19?.. if he ever comes back.

The only way jack won’t get another proper crack of the whip here is if his fitness fails him again, No way wenger won’t try everything to make it work for him

But this is Wenger’s final season right?.. right?

:wenger:

1 Like

He’s so happy when we are playing attractively.

I recon he will make it to 25 years in charge

Hopefully

The number 10 never felt right with Wilshere. So glad Ozil be getting it and elmuating Bergkamp :ozil:

1 Like

He’ll be England manager in 2017, Jack will get his chance :wenger:

1 Like

I always thought it was a good idea to give Gallas the #10 after Bergkamp, it would have been too much for an attacking player to wear it, then the transition to Wilshere was somehow good at that time, but now it’s finally time for a proper genius to honor the shirt.

I wanted to make a threat about our shirt numbers and who is/have been worth it to wear famous Arsenal numbers. Koscielny is a good example f.i. . What do you think?

2 Likes

Sounds like a good thread. I have opinions but I’ll wait for you to create it rather than derail this one. :slight_smile:

15 Likes

#Sánchez and Özil to ask for £250k a week

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/sport/sanchez-and-oezil-to-ask-for-250k-a-week-3v5scj8hw

:santi:

do he deserve it? But I think there should a demand in wage but not that big enough

Bye bye Alexzil

Yup had no help with that one