Mesut Özil

Beckham was 23 and had achieved fuck all with England. Obviously he wasn’t going to quit.

Oh and it’s not scapegoating when it’s actually your fault.

I may sound controversial, but he needs to get over the racism bit as well. I’m not saying I condone racism, but the only way he can prove himself is on the pitch. Not by trying to explain a badly thought out photograph. He was actually doing well by keeping schtum.

Racism is a part of football. John Barnes had f’ckin bananas thrown at him FFS.

Let’s face it, Ozil just hasn’t got the mental strength to continue with Germany

Fucking good on him!!!

The media not just in Germany get away with murder and it ways goes unquestioned. No way should he be chastised for his ancestral heritage or his dual nationality. He’s paid taxes, hold a passport and has done various other bits, he’s done as much as he could to integrate. Fuck these dfb politian cunts.

What?!

Yes it is. It’s institutionalized.

Sorry but fucking no, racism has no part in football whatsoever. I know that’s not how you meant it but you’re completely wrong mate.

I know it’s got no part in football. I fail to see what your point is. I’m saying it exists and only the braindead think it’s going to disappear overnight.

Ozil should have made his point by continuing. Keep playing football. Ram it down the throats of those who called were branding him with terrible names

As if your first hot take wasn’t bad enough :rofl:

Be interesting to hear your take instead of churlish responses

So both sides win then from what I see. Ozil because he feels abused. The racists because he walks away.

I don’t think they win per se.

Germany will most definitely be a weaker side without him, can see a decline from here.

Im not sure about that. Think more than Ozil will have played their last game for the national team after the world cup.

I think that’s where it’s a shame from Ozils point of view, Darkseid. He would have still played under Loew. I don’t see how he would have been dropped.

Football fans, racist or non racist, are quick to forget. Two or three good performances in Euro Championship qualifying and Ozil is their world cup winning hero again

It just seems to me like he’s chickened out

The idea that he should just ignore the racism and not call it out is frankly laughable, there no way racism will ever be eradicated by people just ignoring it. Nobody is even suggesting racism will disappear over night, but with your approach it never will.

I bet when John Barnes had bananas thrown at him you advocated him being quiet and just getting on with football. Well, here we are in 2018, how much good did that do?

Your posts have been so ridiculous that they don’t really merit anything more than churlish and mocking responses imo.

2 Likes

Did it kill you to write that first paragraph?

In your head my view may be ridiculous, but your childish responses are even worse in my opinion.

Mocking responses are worse than someone saying a victim of racism should shut up about it.

Sure mate :+1:

Stop digging Dave :wink:

What people don’t understand or want to because of what it might say about Ozil, he might think he didn’t make a mistake at all by taking that picture in the first place.

3 Likes

I wasn’t born when John Barnes had bananas thrown at him. I admire his courage to keep going, though.

Experiencing racism first hand isn’t nice. There are ways to deal with it, though. I just don’t agree with Ozils way.

Call it out, yes. But to not keep going? Nah, i just don’t agree

The thing is it isn’t just the issue of racism, he feels aggrieved by DFB as well, they’ve treated him poorly.

To the point where putting on the shirt no longer feels the same.

2 Likes