Manchester United

He is good friends with Ricky Hatton, and look at the state of him these days.

Don’t think he looks after himself well at all, and may be why he has declined so early on in his career.

Excuses Excuses.

If they had paid 120m for him, we would get the same ‘spread out over the years’ bs.

Why are you so eager to put a clearly talented young player down?

I’d also bet if Wenger had spent 55m on him, you’d have a completely different opinion of the situation.

Who cares what he cost? If United aren’t bankrupt at the end of the year, does it really matter? They spend what they have on players that they want. I can understand why Arsenal fans would think this was an alien concept but really, this player and what he cost isn’t why United have been so shit the past 1.5 seasons.

3 Likes

I was kidding.
SHould have added a smiley.

Well I do feel mighty foolish now :sweat::pensive::facepalm:

You’re not kidding though, you’re always Trion hard as fuck to put down Martial, because you know that some people criticised Wenger for his out of touch comments on the Martial transfer. (That’s why so desperate @Craigie)

Comments where Wenger said he is a winger?
Remind me where does he play?

PS - I actually enjoy watching him in his best. Wish he was here.

No, I wasn’t referring to that, obviously.

That he was unavailable?

Well it took United last couple of days of transfer market & 60m to entice the kid off Monaco.

I guess you actually don’t remember (I guess when you fight so many battles for Wenger they can get mixed up). Wenger publicly criticised the fee and paying that amount for an unestablished player.

I don’t remember that.
Can you please provide a link?
I will google in meantime as well.

Considering I find the price ridiculous, I agree with him if he said so.

@AbouCuellar
Imagine my surprise when yet again Wenger’s quotes were misinterpreted.

"What happened last night with Monaco, who sold Martial to Manchester United for 80million Euros, I’ve heard… Martial scored 11 goals in the French championship - that sums it up well.

"That means it’s not the money that’s missing at the moment, it’s not the desire of investment that is missing, it’s the number of players available who can strengthen the big clubs.

“The problem at the moment is finding the players that guarantees you are a better team after, and that example last night shows you very well.
Martial is a huge talent - he’s 19 years old. The investment is absolutely huge as well. It shows you that there’s not many players in the world who can strengthen these teams.”

Not a single trace of him complaining about Martial’s transfer fee.
He is saying that Martial’s transfer is proper indication of lack of talents.

2 Likes

There was another interview as I recall, I think with BeIN France or another French outlet where he said more.

Lol the one good pun you’ve made and you are beating it to death in pretty much every thread now. Why am I not surprised? :smile:

1 Like

I didn’t make it and it’s not a good pun. Plus I don’t like good puns.

It is a good pun.

Because I’m the one who initially made it years ago. Got a shit load of likes

4 Likes

My apologies Mr contrarian.

Actually overspending on mediocre players and handing them massive wages is why United have been mediocre for the last 3 1/2 seasons. It means they will struggle to move on mediocre players because no one sane wants to pay a mediocre player 100k a week. Pogba and Martial I suppose are least players that can be good for them.

Still Ozil got loads of criticism in his first 2 seasons and he was performing at a higher level than Pogba and Martial are now. Critique of big money signings is natural.

Yeah I remember. It’s okay. But like I said, not really my taste.

Lol