Manchester City

Toure is still a hero to me, Sagna and Clichy went with my blessing after time served (was far more upset losing Sagna than Clichy at the time, although Clichy has had the better career at City).

Adebayor and Nasri were - and still are - utter bastards. Nasri in particular is a total prick, should never have quit Arsenal and is now a fat little chancer with shit hair, very lucky to be rescued by a club like Sevilla.

7 Likes

Nasri started 27 (played 31), 22 (28), 29 (34), 18 (24) and had a bad 5th year. Won two Premier Leagues and a League Cup during a five year stretch. Not everybody has the quality and/or the mentality to stay for 10 years at the biggest clubs. For what exactly should he have stayed at Arsenal?

1 Like

Lol suck it City

Now if only they were more consistent with these bans and wonā€™t just hand them out when thereā€™s a lot of media attention.

Its this rule of ā€œoh the ref saw it so we canā€™t overrule himā€. Well fuck that if they get it wrong they get it wrong and should be overruled.

TourĆ© left out of Cityā€™s CL squad, reckon heā€™ll push for a move come january transfer window.

On 220k a week he wonā€™t be in a hurry.

4 Likes

Agueroā€™s suspension will fuck them at Old Trafford.

https://cdn-e2.streamable.com/video/mp4/s3c6.mp4

Wearing a stone Island jacket lol, proper fitting in already

4 Likes

Ayyy, I want Pep at Arsenal. :persevere:

What a legend.

City are looking like an equipazo. SanĆ© now in the fold, Sterling in good form, AgĆ¼ero, Iheanacho best young player in the league, De Bruyne absolutely brilliant, now GĆ¼ndogan fit so a proper central midfielderā€¦

@Powderfinger your arguments in pre-season were persuasive enough to make me doubt at least a little bit something I considered, at the end of last season, as much of a lock as any title choice before a season in as long as Iā€™ve been following the premier league, but I feel silly for even the little doubt I indulged in. It is and was simple:

Pep + Cityā€™s somewhat flawed but still rather talented squad + Premier League Level of Competition/Quality/Tactics= City wins title

1 Like

Has to be seen if they can keep it up, but at least with todayā€™s performance they would have beaten anyone in the Premier League and most teams in the CL. Some really good movement and transitional play paired with some good passing. The most entertaining English team Iā€™ve seen so far this season.

2 Likes

This City team are raw like when Pep initially took over Barcelona. The intention was there but execution wasnā€™t always spectacular. Eventually - it became spectacular. I feel like this City team will dominate the league for the entire three years of Pep.

Iā€™m afraid you may be right. Theyā€™ll hit bumps in the road but they have started a lot better than I thought. And they may just get better. :frowning:

What a difference a manager can make! (in positive). I think they can even get better, as they still look very raw.

The difference heā€™s made in such a short period of time is showing what a quality manager he is.

3 Likes

I donā€™t actually give him too much credit. What heā€™s done is implant a tactical system and strong mentality in probably what was leagueā€™s best squad on paper even before their dealings this summer.

A greater test of his ability would have been to drop down a level to Arsenal and try to implant his ideas at a club with finite resources and a limited existing squad. Would have been interesting to see how heā€™d done here.

1 Like

Heā€™s done an amazing job, considering there are a lot of players in his team that Pelegrini and even Mancini brought in.

The funny thing is, the media still talk about Mourinho as the special one, when he clearly isnā€™t.

Imagine if our board had the ambition and ā€œmental toughnessā€ Wenger goes on about, and gone after Guardiola to replace Wenger.

We wouldnā€™t be seeing the repeated dismal displays we have had, thatā€™s for sure.

Any AKBā€™s out there scared of a change, just look at what we could have had.
Perhaps it isnā€™t as scary as you thought.

1 Like

It would have been interesting but Iā€™m tipping weā€™d look significantly better than we currently look, not that that would be a great achievement.

Another goal for Jesus.
https://cdn-e2.streamable.com/video/mp4/6smu.mp4