Manchester City

Hart is proper poop nowadays. Pep done right getting rid of the bottle job.

Big Sam still likes him, though. Oh, and his mum, I suppose.:coq:

As much as I dislike Hart, I can’t stop thinking how I would feel about this if I were a City fan. The new manager coming in, shoving aside the nations nr 1 who’s been there for over 10 years and hasn’t been that bad tbh. Then calling him a legend in media.

That’s being ruthless as a manager! I wish Wenger had a little piece of it. :smirk:

1 Like

[quote=“Ocke, post:103, topic:129, full:true”]

As much as I dislike Hart, I can’t stop thinking how I would feel about this if I were a City fan. The new manager coming in, shoving aside the nations nr 1 who’s been there for over 10 years and hasn’t been that bad tbh. Then calling him a legend in media.

That’s being ruthless as a manager! I wish Wenger had a little piece of it. :smirk:
[/quote]Exactly.
Managers like Ferguson, Mourinho, Guardiola etc, know what they want and do whatever they can to get it.

Wenger’s loyalty to certain players, as well as his stubbornness, with under performing and constantly injured players has held him back.

Like Mourinho and Ferguson, Guardiola has gone into Man City and has identified weaknesses and has sorted them out straight away.

There is no way players like Walcott, Diaby, Giroud, Chamberlain, Almunia, Mertesacker and others, would be tolerated for so long by these managers.

I just hope that Guardiola finishes higher than Mourinho in the PL.
Guardiola might be as ruthless as Mourinho, but he has far more class.

[quote=“InvincibleDB10, post:104, topic:129, full:true”]

The difference being these managers can afford to fuck players off as they have unlimited resources to replace any player with whoever they want.

We cant afford to get rid of X, Y and Z because of the money and time invested.

I bet if offers came in for Walcott for example, Wenger would definitely have considered them.

tbf we could, but it’s just increasingly difficult to do when we pay a premium to not performing youngsters and squad options. There’s a reason why we’ve only sold our best players for good money and can be happy if our unneeded squad players go on a free.

It’s a bit harsh on Joe but I’ve always thought he’s been a bit overrated anyway

https://cdn.streamable.com/video/mp4/jqh7_1.mp4

Violent conduct charge for the elbow on Reid.

The weird thing with the FA is that a case like this blowing up over media will much rather get you banned afterwards than other cases.

Sucks for Aguero, will miss the Manchester Derby.

[quote=“Midfield_Maestro, post:105, topic:129, full:true”]

[quote=“InvincibleDB10, post:104, topic:129, full:true”]

The difference being these managers can afford to fuck players off as they have unlimited resources to replace any player with whoever they want.

We cant afford to get rid of X, Y and Z because of the money and time invested.

I bet if offers came in for Walcott for example, Wenger would definitely have considered them.
[/quote]It’s true that the bigger teams can sell players that don’t work out, but there is no excuse for Wenger keeping hold of players like Diaby for so long wasting 3m every season for a player that rarely plays.
Or the 5m a season on Walcott who has become our longest serving player, or other players that have been here for ages that are not moved on but are being paid a fortune to sit on the bench or just be squad players.

One of the reasons clubs aren’t willing to come in for Walcott, is because Wenger is paying him world class wages when he is only an average player.

Didn’t think he would be charged, but since Andre Marriner didn’t see the incident, it was looked at retroactively.

He was likely out of the Manchester derby anyway, because of his calf injury.

Marriner clearly saw it though.

What a load of bullshit.

Aguero with a calf injury already? It begins. …

1 Like

He’s actually played 30+ league games in 4 of his 5 seasons at man City if I’m not mistaken.

Yeah he was already out of Argentina’s two upcoming WC qualifiers, so even if he wasn’t charged by the FA, there was little chance of him playing in the Manchester derby.

So he’s basically suspended for games he was likely to miss anyway.

1 Like

This is just an insane boost for Man United, on top of that they are playing at home also.

I really want them to beat Man U.

4 Likes

Man City’s young 9 won the penalty and scored 2 in his Brazil NT debut in their World Cup qualifying game vs Ecuador.

https://vine.co/v/5irJBmqnxlV

He looks like a custom-made forward for a interchanging 4-3-3.

1 Like