Manchester City

He is their only holding midfielder so he is very important to them.

Big loss for them. I suppose it depends if Fernando or Delph can deputise?

1 Like

Gundogan
De Bruyne–Silva

1 Like

Rambo has all the penatrative qualities of a flacid penis !

2 Likes

Gundogan is very offensive, tbf.

What did he say?

6 Likes

Attacking player :ozil2:

That’d be like us playing

Cazorla
Ozil…Chamberlain

As our midfield 3

Not quite like that. It’s extremely attacking, but it’s Pep and I could see him rolling out something like that.

lol wtf. imagine the official club twitter tweeting this :joy:

So what’s going on with City and Pep? He was meant to walk the League this season, and certainly looked that way in the first month, but I think he’s finding it a shock at just how competitive the League is here, where all teams are capable of taking points off each other.

If it were Pellegrini still in charge, think you’d be seeing more flack come their way.

Their defending at times has been surprisingly poor. We really have a chance of possibly out doing them at the Etihad. Certainly on the ropes atm.

3 Likes

I think its partly the league and partly that he doesn’t have the squad to play the way he wants but is stubbornly persisting anyway. Its one thing to play three at the back with only one real CB when those three are Alaba, Boateng, Lahm and another thing when those three are Kolarov, Stones, Sagna. And it helps to have Neuer to bail you out just in case, rather than Bravo, who seems to almost never come up with a big save on shots that are decent-but-not-unstoppable finishes.

7 Likes

Hahahaha

1 Like

Their problem is basically ours: they only have one gameplan. When it doesn’t work they are fucked.

3 Likes

He’s known for a year now he was going to be City manager. He had a look at them play, saw them play poor defensively and leak goals left and right and thought ‘I know I need a defender who’s even more error prone and a worse goalkeeper, it won’t matter as long as both are good passers and we play suicidal high lines, because reasons’ .

2 Likes

I don’t think we have that problem now that we can switch between giroud and sanchez on top; interchange or midfield to suit opposition

2 Likes

Yes I think Giroud represents a very suitable Plan B for us at the moment, and his presence in the middle almost necessitates an instantaneous change in approach. Once we have Welbeck back I would argue we might be able to mix up attacking styles even further, as he combines some of the traits of Giroud and Sanchez, albeit with less adept finishing, he still represents yet another slight variation in attack.

In terms of overall gameplan as well I think we have shown a greater degree of pragmatism when it comes to big games than we have done in the past, and Wenger has not hesitated to chop and change in the midfield to make it more or less defensively solid depending on the opposition, with probably the only constant in all of this being the back four.

2 Likes

The Premier League isn’t Germany or Spain (of five years ago) where there was a clear financial drop off between the team Pep managed and the other elite and an even sharper drop off between the other elite teams and the mid-table “best of the rest”

Look at a team like Stoke or West Ham, they have some really good players and some really expensive players. Mid-table teams in Spain and Germany can’t buy like that.

I’m sure Pep will get enough money to throw at the problem until he gets it right.

3 Likes

Exactly. When people say PL is not more competitive than other leagues, they show the final table of how rest of team is 10 points behind.
But during the season, we have the likes of Chelsea, City, Arsenal, United, Liverpool, Tottenham and some more who really make it tough for a contending club, regardless how shit they are overall. Liverpool for a decade have been shit, but they always bring their A game against big boys.

With Bundesliga & La Liga, There are too many pushovers. La Liga only have A. Madrid or at time Sevilla to make it hard for Barcelona. With Bundesliga, only Dortmund.

What has been PL’s downfall is that all the best talents are plying their trade in Bundesliga & La Liga, which makes the league seem less competitive.

1 Like

Jesus christ.

2 Likes