Manchester City

85 sounds about right. Not quite convinced about who’ll get there first but if we can take at least another 4 wins out of the remaining 6 games this half we should be in a comfortable position to at least challenge for longer than usual.

Regarding ManCity… I’m a little disappointed by how they’ve been playing so far. Had them as favorites this season but if they miss Aguero for more than the 3 usual games they may be in trouble to even stay close in the next month.

1 Like

I understand your point. You make a lot of predictions based upon what’s happened in the past, and statistical predictors. I don’t ascribe to that is my point. Last year is a perfect example of why. Hazard could walk across the street and get hit by a car tomorrow and there goes Chelsea’s title challenge. Arsenal are on pace for more than 85 points btw so using your logic we are title contenders no?

We are on pace for 82. Yeah I suppose everyone can have different ways of looking at things no gripe with that.

This game has showed how is hard to compete in this league. Pep Guardiola is living a big difficult moment despite an outstanding transfer window. This isn’t la Liga or Bundesliga, this isn’t a league which you play only three or four games into a season to win the title.

4 Likes

Aguero has got away with one here.

So he just gets the standard 4 game ban after your 2nd red of the season. Lol should have been much more. Like 6 games

With regards to defence they didn’t have a great window and that’s what’s killing them right now they can’t manage clean sheets at all.They did good business with attacking players but neglected the back.

Playing Kolarov in a back four or even a three with title ambitions is lunacy,.

1 Like

I really dont see why. It was an atrocious tackle but they can’t start arbitrarily imposing extra games bans. Rojos tackle was just as bad on Sunday and all he got was a yellow.

Which isn’t to say the system works. They should change it completely to one where each case is looked at on its own merits. So Rojo should be getting a ban, Aguero too and maybe you’d look at reducing Fernandinos as he was provoked. (Although there’s a line of thought that hes worse for rising to it).

1 Like

They do though when it comes to violent or unsportman-like conduct. That was both massively combined.

Should easily be sitting out the next 6plus games.

The fucker should be doing it to Hazard or Costa.

Not David fucking Luiz. I am quite sure Chelsea wouldn’t notice if he stopped going to work and a wet mop was left on grass roughly where he stands.

1 Like

Funny how Guardiola and Mourinho are talking about how flawed the wider football perception and the media are when it comes to judging how teams and managers are doing.

Both saying their teams are playing excellently but because they’re not getting the results they get no credit.

I actually agree that the understanding of this sport considering how big it is, is generally very poor and in the distant future it’ll be highlighted by the then analysts.

For example, try and play football anywhere as a creative midfielder and you’ll get no credit for keeping the play ticking, making the chances or getting assists/pre-assists, they’ll all just rush to the goal scorer and that’s that.

But I don’t even think City and United have even been playing very well. Certainly not United. You have to make clear chances, you have to take them and you have to defend well as a team for a whole match.

Both sides are consistently failing to adhere to all of those demands. They just do well on some of them.

4 game ban is fair and he misses our game which is all that Im really concerned about.

2 Likes

What I probably mean more so is that they shouldnt. There should be a clear distinction between a tackle like Agueros and a tackle like the one that saw Xahka sit out three games. Four games is fair here, three wasn’t for Xahka.

Yeh that’s true I just think Aguero genuinely deserves more, he’s only getting the extra game because it’s his second red card offense, yet in all honesty it should be 3 plus 3 more for the fact he tried to cripple poor David Luiz… as hilarious as it was.

Dangerous tackles 3 games, out right assault should be reviewed accordingly, whether that’s biting, slapping, spitting whatever.

Xhaka getting 3 for what he did was just lunacy and if we hadn’t been so stacked in MF I’m sure it would have caused more uproar.

1 Like

Fernandinho is a bigger miss than Aguero for City, imo.

I understand team balance and all that but thats still a pretty big call.

2 Likes

I watched the highlights again and holy shit Otamdendi and his terrible defending was responsible for the first two Chelsea goals. Two very preventable goals IMO as well. Flattering result for Chelsea tbh.

Oh and btw…KDB missed a complete sitter and another very good scoring opportunity. Theo would have buried those :sanchez:

1 Like

Fernandinho is class and probably their most underrated player but c’mon now.

From Wiki:

Shouldn’t he have… turned the other cheek then? :giroud:

4 Likes

Its a funny old game but shitty should have had the game dead n buried and found themselves dumped on their arses by clinical finishing . The double sending offs were a bonus. Chelsea are dangerous on another day they could have been put to the sword. 4th place is looking good for us but if we had a decent squad with depth we could have won it. shame really.