Manchester City

I don’t mind Man City or Guardiola, so having them above us in the PL is a lot more preferable than sitting behind spurs.

As much as hate them, spurs look a real threat to our record of finishing above them.

Its somewhat baffling that we still have that record still intact considering the 05/06, 11/12, 12/13 and 15/16 seasons.

[quote=“Aussiegooner, post:182, topic:129”]Its somewhat baffling that we still have that record still intact considering the 05/06, 11/12, 12/13 and 15/16 seasons.
[/quote]

What’s even more baffling is that we had Ramsey, Flamini, Coquelin & Elneny starting in central midfield for half the campaign and people still expected us to win the league.

Because it was a League campaign under special circumstances…

It was, us playing the worst football we have in two decades for a solid 5 months last season (because of our central midfield problems) and still somehow managing to finish 2nd was a testament to that.

We managed to finish 2nd because the league was a pile of shite last season, 71 points normally places you 4th or 5th.

Exactly my point, us finishing 2nd was a testament to that.

2 Likes

I find this too easy. For example something like throwing away a 0-2 lead against West Ham United when we played them at Upton Park; that’s not because we missed Cazorla.

Too easy my nutsack we literally looked lost at times without our little midfield maestro pulling the strings, I can say the same for Madrid right now without Luka Modric.

As for blowing a 2-0 lead vs West Ham course that wasn’t to do with Santi. That was due to a couple of things, woeful defending being one of them (I’m looking at you Gabriel, you lucky bastard, should of got a red iirc) and Andy Carrol being pretty much unplayable when it comes to attacking crosses in the box.

1 Like

I don’t get this.
League was shit but what we did should be considered under normal consideration?

We look lost with Cazorla too. Especially when we play teams like Burnley. Even without him we should have performed better last season. The loss of one player can’t lead to the destruction of the whole team. Even if he’s more important than others. That’s the whole fucking point of managing.

You can NEVER EVER want teams to drop points against Tottenham,strictly Taboo senor cuellar !

Meh, Spurs taking point of city allowing us to win the league would stress Spurs fans just as much as us beating them

No Mehs about it , it is a mindset , every time they play I want them to lose .period.
If as happened once in 1999 a very bad year for us it comes to the last game you still want them to lose even though it means the premiership trophy goes to Manchester .
If however they had won that day I would have celebrated the winning of the league ,their result would have been an irrelavence !
It is important to never let a positive thought about them enter your head ,it’s poison and can send you mad,leads to spots boils and weeping sores,bedwetting and delusions .
Don’t do it !

2 Likes

I know it isn’t the case, but this makes you sound like you hate Spurs more than you love Arsenal.

Any gooner who wanted Spurs to lose that match in 1999, knowing that that would mean Ferguson and his merry band of cunts would win the league instead of us, needs to give their head a wobble.

3 Likes

Missing the point Jakey lad ,it’s all about the mindset man !
Hating them would mean I have to invest time and energy thinking about them ,which I don’t very much . However I will admit I was seriously ill last year when for a short period of time they looked like they might win the league.
I entered into a number of disgusting faustian pacts with the devil to avoid the apocalypse and demons sleep at my feet because of it and Im still slaughtering chickens and defiling virgins nightly to pay old nick back !

On that day Im not sure if u were there but fights broke our after the red sea pedestrians scored because a few young idiots started singing "come on tottenham " b4 getting slapped down.
I made a banner that day with Proud to Be 2nd ! However If we had won the league I would have partied like it was 1999 and laughed because of how it came about ! but not celebrate a win for them !
Ya Ken gadge ?

[quote=“SDGooner, post:191, topic:129, full:true”]
We look lost with Cazorla too. Especially when we play teams like Burnley. [/quote]

To be fair to Burnley they’re a really well drilled and tactically organised unit who have only conceded 6 goals at Turf Moor since January they deserve some credit anyway Santi’s not alone when it comes to finding it difficult vs that style of football even arguably the best side in history (Pep’s Barca) struggle against it i.e Mourinho’s Inter.

Even without him we should have performed better last season.[/quote]
I respect your opinion but we gonna have to agree to disagree on this one.

The loss of one player can’t lead to the destruction of the whole team. Even if he’s more important than others. That’s the whole fucking point of managing.[/quote]

Couldn’t agree more with this, it’s one of the reasons I still can’t believe Wenger was naive enough to go in last season with Arteta & Flamini being backs ups to Santi & Coquelin it was just asking for trouble.

1 Like

Eight out of ten teams lines-up like that against us. I wouldn’t give them any credit tbh. We know teams are going to play like that against us, we need to figure out how to beat that. Otherwise we’ll never evolve to the next level.

But Guardiola’s h2h is superior against Mourinho though. I think Pep figured our how too play against that style of football.

Eight out of ten teams may line up like that against us, but not eight out ten teams can execute it as well drilled as Burnley did. That’s why they deserve credit.

They’ve already done it to your beloved Klopp and beaten him. Credit where it’s due. A lot of fanatics act as if other professional sides are just supposed to roll over and let us beat them or something, lol.

3 Likes