Manchester City - Arsenal (Premier League)

Thought he was very poor the other night tbh. Very average 9n the ball and a bit of a liability on give free kicks away.

I thought he was one of our better players, not that we had many, maybe just him Alexis, Kosc and Bellerin. Lucky not to get a yellow at some point but some decent passes going forward, the last couple of games a small improvement in that area, but at one point it was a disaster for him passing forward.

Yeah maybe. He was at least one who doesnt like losing. Bit worried about him being played on by cith.
Xhaka not helping him out much though. He definitley needs a kick up the arse.
Got a long way to go him to convince yet.

Blowing a lead at Goodison this week, then the other five of the top six winning makes me think of Saturday in terms of ‘fucking get out there and fucking win, you cunts’!

2 Likes

I agree. He rushed it too much. Still one of our best players though, imo.

1 Like

I’ve binned Walcott from my fantasy team, which means he’ll almost certainly score. You can thank me later!

2 Likes

Battle of the non-contenders. Looking forward to the creative ways Sky can promote this as a premiere showdown though. They never fail to delude the hell out of me on match day.

I see it being a decent game to watch. Alexis will get some joy, as will De Bruyne. Score draw I reckon. Neither side managing to outsmart the other enough to consolidate all three points.

1 Like

Ever the optimist, gone for an Arsenal win.
Truthfully though, i have no idea which Arsenal will turn up, or what to expect from Wenger’s teams anymore.

Wonder if Wenger will be tempted to start Giroud for this one. 3 goals in 3 games against them.

1 Like

Don’t forget this strong target man play with a gorgeous assist for Alexis

13 Likes

Great goal

1 Like

Lol at Wilshere going down injured.

Great goal though.

If @Leper is quick, he may get to use his banhammer. :joy:

1 Like

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5t6KjGpBoow

3 Likes

yes but they will play without any positional CB apart Otamendi, maybe. Alexis on attack is the key to beat them. Ok, was only a friendly game, but do you remember his performance against their defense? Pep hasn’t changed nothing since that game.

One concern about this game is that we won’t “go for it”. In the past, after a defeat we’ve been more cagey as the players obviously don’t want to lose 2 games in a row and so it ends in a draw. A draw is no good to anyone.

Thats part of what made Sir Alex such a great manager, his teams were never afraid to lose, knowing it was Wins that Ultimately land you premier league titles.

Unfortunately we don’t always seem to have that winning mentality!

Fingers crossed Stones plays and Alexis absolutely destroys him.

1 Like

So no Gündogan, Agüero, Fernandinho or Kompany. Still quite nervous, they could definitely profit on our CB-pairing not being very synchronised, and the midfield battle without Cazorla scares me, but it’s a bit difficult to tell, Pep might come out with something great or something horrible, feels a bit random. We could def. get a win here if Özil and Sanchez are in the mood and Pep’s game doesn’t click fully.

Would be an absolute delight to win, please make it so.

2 Likes

What I hope to see.
------------------Cech--------------------
Bellerin—Holding—Kos—Nacho
---------Elneny---------Xhaka--------
Walcott/Lucas-----Özil------Iwobi
----------------Sanchez---------------

Just keep Gabriel, Coquelin and Giroud away from the starting lineup.
And keep Chamberlain far away from the bench.

3 Likes