Manchester City - Arsenal (Premier League)

Ah screw it, I’m going for an Arsenal win. 2-1. We can’t be losing 2 in a row, champions don’t do that!

1 Like

I can see it being a score draw.
Their defence doesn’t look that great, so I think we will score but they have some of the best attacking players in Europe, even if Aguero isn’t playing, so they are going to score as well.

I expect this to be a very open game, with both temas being as equally open at the back.

The difference will be I expect City will be more clinical in taking their chances (I guess Aguero being out limits this). If we don’t take our chances, especially at critical times in this game, we will get punished once again just like yesterday…

Let’s think about this rationally for a second. Ozil looked exhausted on Tuesday and wasn’t good. Ox, despite his goal statistics, wasn’t good Tuesday.

Iwobi and Ramsey can’t play on the wings at the same time.

So what I’d like to see is the following:

Cech

Monreal Kos Gabriel Hector

Xhaka/Coq

Iwobi Ozil Theo

Alexis

What I think Arsene will do:

Cech

Monreal Kos Gabriel Hector

Xhaka/Coq

Ramsey Ozil Ox

Alexis

2 Likes

We might lose this one too. We’d be lucky to get a point here. I’d be much more confident in Arsenal if there were low expectations. Sady that’s when this team perform. When the pressure is on they fold.

1 Like
                  Cech

Bellerin - Holding - Koscielny - Monreal

Xhaka - Elneny

Walcott - Ozil - Iwobi

Sanchez

Subs: Ospina, Gabriel, Gibbs, Coquelin, Lucas, Chamberlain, Giroud

OR

Cech

Bellerin - Holding - Koscielny - Monreal

Xhaka - Coquelin

Lucas - Ozil - Sanchez

Giroud

This will be a hugely important game for both clubs. Neither side can afford to lose and even a draw wouldn’t be too great of a result. Hopefully the team will be up for it and ready to fight. We’ll undoubtedly have to show one of the best performances of the year on Sunday to do it.

2 Likes

Show us this is a different Arsenal, PLEASE! I was expecting 4 of 6 this week, 3 of 6 wouldn’t be so bad but it has to be 3. You see Chelsea’s matches this week and can’t help but think it’ll be a 9 point gap before Arsenal kick off Sunday afternoon.

We hear how it’s a more experienced squad, more solidarity, more togetherness, more accountability, etc. Prove it.

Show the mental strength that you preach to us so often.

2 Likes

Are you sure you want to risk Holding for such an important game? Don’t think Gabriel was that bad yesterday.

Holding is very good luca. much better than Gabriel. Who as I said on here already Kos-Gab don’t have a good partnership

[quote=“Calum, post:30, topic:1025, full:true”]
Holding is very good luca. much better than Gabriel. Who as I said on here already Kos-Gab don’t have a good partnership
[/quote]I really wish we had given Holding a go last night as I said pre match. Like yourself, Kos/Gabby pairing has proved many times it’s not the most reliable partnership, unfortunately.

1 Like

Ok, as we have to risk on sunday, i’d favour this solution.

1 Like

You’d hope that this is an open game as a draw is absolutely useless to both teams, the only winner out of that is Chelsea.

1 Like

3-1 Arsenal.

BTTS draw looks great value here. We don’t do clean sheets, I’d be embarrassed not to get at least one against the City back line either at present. If Sanchez and/or Ozil are at the races then we’ll definitely bang at least one in. I think both teams might settle for the draw here.

Double on BTTS and over 3.5

Because he likes wood?

https://www.theguardian.com/notesandqueries/query/0,5753,-22199,00.html

i think he is being a crude man lol, just in case you dont get the reference

was joking with you pasta boy :wink: I knew what you meant

1 Like

Wood is also a colloquial term for man bits.