Manchester City - Arsenal (Premier League)

Nah unlike you GG, and Cristo I know how to do basic math so that wouldn’t be enough for me.

https://twitter.com/search?q=from%3Aarsenal%20bounce%20back&src=typd

haha click this all the times arsenal players and staff have said we will bounce back after a loss. :joy:

Everytime it reminds me of this:

4 Likes

We played like dogshit. Having said that though that second goal was offside so a little unlucky there. As well as Xhaka clearing the ball and it hitting KDB right in the face which started their first counter attack (possibly offside) sterling goal. Unlucky but honestly Arsene has had too many of these results, and you can’t come out with the same old tired rhetoric…only pisses everyone off more.

1 Like
1 Like

@SquawkaNews
Thierry Henry on Mesut Özil and Alexis Sanchez: “You need to have won something already for the club to ask for that amount of money.”

I don’t know…
Its just…
Sigh…
I need a hug…

1 Like

How to beat Arsenal: Press high and play with tempo.

Works every, fucking, time. We literally have no answer to it and never will do till we grow some balls.

3 Likes

Didn’t watch the game and only heard snippets on the radio, but sounds bizarre if we were looking that good in the 1st half and subsequently dominated 2nd half.

There’s some stat about Arsenal being the only team in the league to have not been behind at the break this season. That strongly implies we’re a 1st half team. I remember the good old days of “2nd half Arsenal” bailing us out of more results than I care to remember. I think I used to prefer it, at least then you had the thrill of some sort of comeback.

Wenger is ultimately answerable not to any one individual performance, but most certainly to collective performances that worsen throughout the duration of the game, if it keeps happening.

Anyway, losing twice on the bounce, when basically all of City, Chelsea, Tottenham, United, Liverpool win both of theirs has to be close to a knockout punch, even in December. Because there’s no logic as to why our team performs in this manner and thus you simply cannot rule it out happening again in a month’s time, or two, or three. No confidence in this team over the course of a season, adding Ozil and then Sanchez never changed that.

5 Likes

Just wait until we face Chelsea in february :expressionless:

There was clearly a problem with the team when City came back in it and if any time there was a cause for making a double sub with Giroud being one of them it was then.

But Wenger waits UNTIL we go down 2-1 to bring him on…he is not a top manager at all.

4 Likes

@Robin_L, your old avi is back!

Just in time for panto season! :heart_eyes:

1 Like

The seasons over man.

Wenger will say oh no it isn’t. But he’s a cunt.

1 Like

Fuck, we finally have a plan B I guess. :joy:

2 Likes

The last week has been an abortion. The early goal was a promising start, City looked weak, the crowd was loud but a second goal in the first half would’ve helped us take the game by the balls. Again, we choked.

1 Like

Still can’t get over that second half tbh. It was like watching a different team.

When we go up 0-1 in 4 minutes the stadium was dead. City fan’s weren’t very confident an were thinking here we go again and it showed in the players as they didn’t look like a team that had any chance of even getting a point. We should have been at least 0-2 up at HT.

Then they get a equaliser seconds into the 2nd half due to our ridiculous defending. Then the stadium changed the fans got belief which filtered through to the players and I said well there’s only gonna be one winner here now. OH HOW RIGHT I WAS.

Happens every time. SO FUCKING BORING! :disappointed:

1 Like

Looks like November was delayed this year.

1 Like

United, Everton and now City. All SHOCKING second halves. We just cant handle the pressure when the home team gets their act together, and their crowd get vocal; our team just appear to succumb to everything.

It’s not even about the players or the talent, we’ve seen plenty of times what we are capable of when our tails are up. It’s solely a mental thing IMO that’s stopping up being a force. I know fans like to blame players individually, but it’s a collective effort, and there was nothing collective about us today. No cohesion, no leader, no fight.

If you want to be champions, that’s not how you behave on the pitch. Win or lose, you always have to show some fucking character. At least if we lost trying our best, we might have hope for the next game or the next month. But the fact of the matter is our soft underbelly reared it’s ugly head again, that demon that’s preventing us from being worthy champions is still here and I hate to say it but it’s all down to the manager.

4 Likes