Ludogorets Razgrad vs Arsenal (Champions League)

Win here no probs , Im just sad im not there ,good place Sofia ,cheap booze,loose woman and its still warm , lovely !

1 Like

Spurs’ Champions League match on Wednesday very much MUST WIN. They won’t be resting many players so I don’t think we need to rotate too much. Imperative we get top spot in our group and get a decent draw for a change. In reality will probably be Bayern again…

Walcott is training away from the group. Wenger’s probably not going to risk him. Cazorla and Monreal are training with the group, but since Xhaka can’t play against Tottenham (or is his suspension over?) we should start Xhaka and Elneny or Coquelin.

Cazorla has trained before both the Middlesboro and Sunderland games also and hasn’t made it so that doesn’t tell us a lot, and yes Xhaka is available for Tottenham.

I’d rest Bellerin and Alexis. Bellerin has played every PL + CL minute possible so far, and Alexis when rested up is on a different planet, I want that Alexis vs. Tottenham.

Something like Ospina, Jenko, Mustafi, Kos, Gibbs, Xhaka, Elneny, Ramsey, Ozil, Ox, Giroud.

For Tottenham: Coq, Cazorla(hopefully), Iwobi, Ozil, Theo, Alexis and normal back 5.

1 Like

Yeah, if Walcott is not fit I totally agree with this lineup, except that I really feel that Holding deserves some minutes in a game like this.

Yup, I’ll be there.

Ludogorets have banned all Arsenal accessories outside the away sector. :smile: They are afraid the majority of people in the stadium will support Arsenal. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Mate that would be a fucking shambles. UEFA have it bang on at the moment with the coefficient algorithm and qualification round system.

1 Like

It’s very definitely not warm here :joy: Nipples are enjoying it, the rest of me isn’t.

And I think we all know Wenger is starting with Ozil / Sanchez tomorrow, whether he should is very ‘on the fence’ stuff. I can’t help but think that when you have a group with Real Madrid and BVB in it, and a group with Atlètico and Munchen Bayern in it, gettin 1st place isn’t all it’s cracked up to be.

Also youd want to leave Ozil and Sanchez in London to get the full value of resting them, and I heard they’re both in Sofia.

Also the Bulgarian national stadium sucks, watch out for another East/South European special on the tv

5 Likes

Wenger: “Nacho, Hector, Santi and Theo haven’t travelled. Some are close to returning."

What’s up with Bellerin? The squad is good enough to beat Ludogorets again though.

This is a good point about the difference between first and second. A best guess right now about how the other groups end up might be something like this:

B - Napoli, Benfica
C - Barcelona, City
D - Atleti, Bayern
E - Monaco, Spurs
F - Real Madrid, BvB
G - Leicester, Porto
H - Juve, Sevilla

In that scenario, if we finish 1st we can play Benfica, Bayern, BvB, Porto, or Sevilla. Two really tough matchups (Bayern, BvB) and three others that are certainly not walks in the park. If we finish 2nd, we can play Napoli, Barca, Atleti, Monaco, Real, or Juve. Four very tough matchups (Barca, Atleti, Real, Juve) and two others that are not easy either. So 1st is still (unsurprisingly) better. But flip Juve and Sevilla, for example, and there isn’t much between the two groups of potential teams.

3 Likes

---------------------Ospina---------------------
Carl-------Mustafi—Kosh--------Gibbs
-------------Coq------------Elneny------------
Chambo--------Iwobi----------Adelaide
---------------------Giroud-----------------------

This might not work out well but I’d like to be rested for the NLD.

Get the three points with the least amount of effort possible. Bummer that Theo and Cazorla are out, we’ll see who plays in midfield. Just got to get the job done and if we can rest Özil at least, that would be great.

1 Like

Lets pray that the latter 3 are available for the NLD, not overly fussed on Monreal as I think Gibbs can do the job just as well at the moment.

Always feel uncomfortable watching fans just mob all over players and Wenger like a caged animal. Yeah. they’re excited to see them and want a photo or autograph, but give some space and respect. If you’ve ever met someone famous, it’s so much better when it’s not in a busy enviroment like this where everyone goes nuts and starts shoving.

2 Likes

Knowing our luck options will be cut down due to country restrictions anyway which likely make finishing first a lot safer option if we want to get a good draw.

I’d go with this. Ramsey to replace Ozil in 2nd half. Can see Adelaide and Niles make appearances too. Giroud to play the full 90.

1 Like

I really dont understand what people get out of “meeting” a celebrity in this fashion.

1 Like

Me neither , Im Arsenal through and through but I don’t want their autographs or have selfie’s with them .
The players often used to drink in an old hauint of mine "Dover Street Wine Bar " The owner George was AFC and they could go about their business without hassle .
One time they had their Christmas piss up in there ,Steve Bould noticed my gold Arsenal badge and we had a chat star of a man he was he introduced me to several players and we had a brief chat but I felt like a div. They were all very nice except Andrew Linegan who was rude in the extreme . He was knocked out in a pub by a supporter the following year for slagging us off !

11 Likes

I find it awkward and highly cringeworthy as well. They’re just other humans to me. Even occasional wife-botherer Ollie G. It would put me off being famous, regardless of the money