Lucas Pérez

Vardy, Lacazette he was never any kind of first choice.

20m in the toilet

Just like Wenger’s wage packet.

He has actually shown he is a decent player, you dont get a hattrick in the CL without having something about you, even if they were tap ins you have to be in the right place to score them, but Wenger is just not playing him, will play fucking Walcott and Ox but never gives this guy a run out it boggles the fucking mind…i am getting tired of wengers preferences of certain players when they are clearly not performing he hasnt got the balls to change the team.

1 Like

It’s that age old thing of ‘a player not playing must be the answer to success’.

Xhaka is a testament as to why that isn’t true. Not saying Wenger got it right or that Perez wouldn’t have made the difference etc etc.

But everytime we lose its always the same.

I think he is decent, but like you said, we DON’T play him, so we flushed the money (and transfer windown) away.

He was our only attacking addition and it’s almost January and he’s played next to no role in our league campaign. If you’re going to spend £17m on a winger, have him fit and still pick Iwobi, Ramsey and Chamberlain then maybe it was a bad signing or maybe it’s bad management.

Nothing to do with the result of this game but we were excited to see what he could do and he isn’t playing. The last we saw of him he was scoring a hattrick and when we need a goal he’s never considered. It’s entirely justified to ask why.

9 Likes

I think he was one of the strangest signings Wenger has made.

If he was cheap, then I could see that taking a punt on a striker was a decision that made some sense, or If he was a young prospect, I would say the same but Perez was neither.
He is an experienced player, playing in a good league that was in his prime.

For Wenger to part with 17m meant he must have rated him, yet, like Xhaka who cost nearly double that, he prefers other options.

As much as I wanted Wenger to buy a top quality striker, or winger, I would rather he had bought no one, and saved the money for when he did eventually go big on that sort of player.

1 Like

I honestly believe this guy was a panic buy to appease those fans who were calling for a striker to be bought. I don’t think Wenger rates him at all.

1 Like

He was a panic buy, 3rd or 4th or even 5th choice.

hmmmmm…coli smiley eh?

I just don’t understand

a panic buy better than Ox and Iwobi in front of the goal.

Know it?

What was the point of signing if he doesn’t come on? He is a very good striker too when he scored 3 v Basel. Considering his pace he’d be a better option off the bench than Giroud for now.

1 Like

This is why I dont by the argument that were stronger this year squad wise.
On paper we have options but we have a manager who cant implement or improvise players into games.
Yesterday was a classic example of sticking to one way of playing and set time situations.
Wengers in game management is exploited by teams year in year out.
Opposition managers know if you get to half time level the pattern will follow the same routine.

4 Likes

Eh?
Didn’t we bring him on against Everton?

And had we not lost Ox to an injury, I am sure Wenger would have thrown in Perez.

May I remind you all that he has just come.back from an injury?

Well, with Ox out for however long, maybe, just maybe, we might see the Spanish Aguero get a game.

What was the thinking behind bringing on Elneny for Chamberlain when we needed to rescue a point? Iwobi made way for Chamberlain, who then should have made way for Lucas surely?

4 Likes

Wenger gonna Wenger