Lucas Perez (Transfer complete)

It’s a good question. Another question might be if we break quicker with a more mobile striker, with Cazorla, Xhaka and Ozil all capable of delivering precise long balls.

Finally he can play some through balls :giroud2:. With Giroud, it’s not possible :smiley:

https://twitter.com/revistadelaliga/status/769132208686759936

3 Likes

Santi Nacho and Héctor be like: pulpo a la gallega :yum::yum::yum:

And it is funny what I did there (did anyone notice?)… I actually mentally bought into the notion (or simply resigned myself sub-consciously) that we wouldn’t get a first striker and hence said “we needed a second striker/first winger” - anyhoooooo, glad the window is shutting and I can focus on watching football.

The point was more that Barcelona don’t tend to buy garbage. Even being a backup option for them would indicate he has something about him.

I thought that until Pedro happened.

What, the starting winger from Guardiola’s best Barcelona XI?

3 Likes

Yeh that’s the one.

1 Like
1 Like

That makes no sense with the Vardy situation.

Shit I forgot about him. Okay in that case, we had a plan with Vardy and when that failed, we looked at alternatives - aimed high to begin with and then lowered our sights towards the end of the window.

The Vardy setback caused us to re-evaluate and in classic Wenger fashion, loads of time went by without much happening.

Lol! Really? :poldi: Paella for everyone!

For the 1 season wonder, check out this goal 3 years ago:

Assists, then goals in Greece (he’s the number 10)

FC Karpaty

1 Like

I immediately turned that middle video off when I’m at a payphone started blasting through my speakers.

2 Likes

Giroud will still be number 1 choice, unless Perez proves to be better then him

Which shouldn’t be hard.

At least he doesn’t always look like he’s running through treacle. It’s a good start.

In before “I’d rather have this guy than Ibra”.

1 Like

Huh? Who would say that?