Lucas Pérez

If Wenger does sell him it will quite unusual for Wenger to spend a reasonable amount on a player only to sell him the season after.
I know he did it with Gervinho, but that was because he was out of his depth.
When I have seen Perez play, he always looked quite comfortable on the ball and as good as the players around him.

I don’t know what he has done wrong, but what ever it is, Wenger wasn’t impressed with him.

Perez is odds on to go to Sevilla and 4/1 to stay here.
Does anyone know if Sevilla have put a bid in for him?

1 Like

Well this guy was a bit of a waste…

Wenger has never given him a proper chance, tbh.

They are gonna over between 10-12M for him.

We should let him go back home. Shame Wenger didn’t trust him more.

Instead of? Giroud, Sànchez?

Iwobi. The guy didn’t have a great season.

You can’t play all over on attack. They play into two different roles. One is an advanced midfielder, Perez is a pure stiker.

I had completely forgot we had this guy here. Real shame that he didn’t feature more for us tbh. I don’t know what went on at training or what the coaches have seen but it feels like he was given a fair crack of the whip.

Either way Arsenal isn’t his level, he was clearly intended as a stop gap. He should return to Spain as a Soldado 2.0, back to a place where he’s had a good career!

He was signed as a replacement for Joel Campbell and going by the way people are acting in the exact same way over him not being used as much as theyd like shows how well he took up that squad roll lol

The most popular guy at many football clubs is the backup striker.

1 Like

I doubt that. Any examples?

It’s something we say out here in the US about our football teams and the backup quarterback. Because the QB is the most important position, when the starter isn’t playing well everyone is calling for the backup to get a chance. Same here, when our strikers aren’t scoring goals everyone wants Campbell or Perez to get a chance. It wasn’t a serious comment.

2 Likes

Fair enough. :slight_smile:

1 Like

just sell Lucas, was just a waste of a year for us and him

2 Likes

When he played he showed glimpses of class so he should have been given more playing time.

The website La Voz de Galicia are claiming Perez is angry his shirt number was given away without being consulted. Feel for the guy if true, sounds like he’s been treated appallingly.

They quote him saying, “I want to leave to play and be happy. Last year I barely had any opportunities and when I had them I took advantage of them. And this season is clearly going to be more of the same. I want to fight to go to the national team. I want to play football, but for that I have to leave.
“And I think that the best place for me is at home, with Dépor. They [Arsenal] are not behaving well with me. The thing of taking the shirt number without telling me to give it to a companion, it seems to me the
last straw.
“I can not continue this way. I have given everything, but that has not been reciprocated, so I can’t stand it any longer.”

1 Like

Disappointed with this. For a club that prides itself on class, this is incredibly poor management.

3 Likes

Might be worth hearing the other side of the story before leaping to Perez’ defence

1 Like