Lucas Pérez

Joel Campbell is better than his sons. Only reason they were played over him

Called this in MDC like 2 weeks ago. :sunglasses: Don’t blame him… “GET OUT WHILE YA CAN, LUCAS”

EDIT:
Ugh, I just searched up that video and watched it again. Sickening.

Meh. You’ve got a much better case with Lucas tbh. None of them are that great, though. Lucasz Pérezski is just Lucasz Pérezski, the guy who was rightly sat for Gnabry in games of a higher level/speed.

(tbh Lucas is probably a bit better than Podolski, because he’s at least got some pace and movement off the ball, probably works more in defence too)

Perez’s agent has now denied those quotes. The fuck?!

1 Like

Ah, the curse of the number 9 shirt, strikes again at Arsenal :santi:

1 Like

Yup.

Then he tweets this… :thinking:

Wenger giving Iwobi too many minutes and not enough to Lucas. 100% manager’s fault. Iwobi has been burning out lately too, Wenger is doing a Jack Wilshere number on him and running him into the ground. For someone so intelligent, he does half make some incredibly stupid decisions.

7 Likes

He’s too good not to play, we have been waiting him

What is frustrating also is just as you think he might be onto a bit of a breakthrough some dumb lummox injures him or he gets a reoccurance of an injury. Regardless though he hasnt been injured for quite a while and still wenger persists with garbage players he doesnt even to get to come in as a sub.

He’s done well with the limited opportunities he’s had to perform.

Iwobi is better and more necessary. The only real minutes he’s wasted that might’ve been given to Lucas have been on Giroud.

Im not sure Iwobi is better at all tbh.

2 Likes

He is, though. Think we struggle to hold onto the ball and have 49% possession at home against Hull with Iwobi? Watch what happens if you play with Lucas-Alexis-Walcott and Özil in front of that chasm of a midfield. They wouldn’t even get the ball.

Lucas is a typical case of a player who hasn’t seen minutes in really demanding circumstances and has been able to shine. He’s got a lot of end product, no doubt, but I think it’s madness that people would suggest he’s a better player than Iwobi, tbh.

For a team that has a need for mobility and penetration, it’s weird how a player who should provide that, only played 249 minutes in the League. Especially since the other player who should provide that, Walcott, does nothing.

1 Like

Typical Wenger’s panic signing because everyone wanted him to sign a striker. It’s a shame, as he has always looked good when he has played.

1 Like

@AbouCuellar I agree that Iwobi is better, you wont find a bigger fan. But you cant expect a 19 yr old to play nearly every game consistantly, they need breaks and we have a big sqaud so need to accomodate other players needs to.

Dont you think Iwobi is being played too much? Wilshere played 50 games in 10-11 then zero the next season. He wasnt rested and his body took a battering. Not solely blaming the decision to play Jack that much was the reason, but it couldnt have helped. I fear Iwobi will end up the same…peak too fast and kill the young hunger. Take him out of the team for a bit.

If you think about Arsene which signs a player because we want a player incoming, you’re out of World mate :smiley: any manager - and they are right - aren’t interested about the public opinion.

However, I don’t remember when, but Arsène recently said which Perez has been bought because he didn’t know when Welbeck would been ready to return into the first team.

@AbouCuellar is right when he talks about Gnabry. Iwobi isn’t better than the Serge, why Arsène conceded chance to the first and closed the doors to the current Bremen winger?

I meant he knew we had to sign a striker.

Walcott hasn’t exactly done nothing this season, if you’re looking to be objective (which most people aren’t with Walcott). He’s had good end product in much more significant games than Pérez.

Pérez also is not that mobile. He’s got some straight line pace but in terms of explosion, eh, somewhat Podolski-esque.

Start him in the league ffs Wenger

4 Likes