Lucas Pérez

Lucas makes a goal scoring impact every game he plays, more so than Walcott. Hell he even got us the penalty and would have scored the chance itself if not for the handball.

Perez over Walcott all day every day

2 Likes

It’s mad to think we’re this far into the season and we still don’t really know what sort of player Perez is. Wenger just sucks the fun out of football.

I’ll be honest, I don’t think I’d ever heard of Robertson and Grosicki before today. The first time the commentator mentioned their winger I thought he’d erroneously referred to one of our players as Rosicky.

So I’m not going to let that convince me that Walcott offers that much in the way of defensive protection, when I’ve seen far more of this over the years

1 Like

Not a trustworthy news by Goal.com.
However, I believe if he is aiming for a spot for the WC2018, staying with us is not really an option.
No way he will get a call if constantly play as a sub for Theo, Ox and Iwobi.

1 Like

He should leave if things don’t get any better. Wenger’s just wasted a year of his career. Bullshit that he doesn’t get more chances when he produces almost literally every time he’s given a game

5 Likes

No way Iwobi should start ahead of him and get all the minutes, just NO WAY.
Just another thing to prove Wenger is done.

He’s not competing with Iwobi for minutes, he’s competing with Walcott, Alexis and Giroud for minutes upfront and on the wing.

Iwobi competes with Chamberlain and Ramsey as a “midfielder-playmaker” in the wing.

That has been Wenger favourite set-up since he arrived at Arsenal.

1 Like

.Iwobi is getting constant playing minutes this season, so I single him out.
Does not mean he is the only player that play ahead of Perez.
Wenger just put Iwobi, Ox, Theo, even Ramsey ahead of him. That is really a stupid decision.

No way Perez can compete against Giroud and Sanchez for the CF position… the only chance he got would be COC and FA cup in early stages. So, he is just a “spare”.

It’s from Chris Wheatly so I’d believe.

Absolute joke if Wenger goes before Lucas.

You didn’t get what I meant.
Wenger prefers to play with 2 different types of wingers, on one wing he plays with a playmaker-midfielder and a more direct one on the other. Perez falls under the latter.

Iwobi gets the minutes he gets because he’s good at his role and his direct competition, Ramsey and Chamberlain are shit.

The more the season unravels the more this signing looks to be more and more inept.

Whenever he plays he’s productive, he breathes the stuff and yet he doesn’t get a chance. He’s shelved in favour of the chosen ones who at this point are wholly inadequate or haven’t done anywhere near enough to justify continued selection.

Must be pretty demoralising to make an impact practically every time you step on the field and subsequently overlooked again and again (shout out to Joel Campbell) wouldn’t blame him if he left at all.

2 Likes

I know, that’s why he always put Ramsey there… but this idea rarely works.
You have some natural wide players but don’t play them.
You have obvious better player(s) but don’t play them.
All because of this bullshit ideal.
Having a philosophy is good, but when it is not working, change the fucking plan, man.
If the lineup does not work, make some changes at half time, and don’t wait till 70th minute.

Shame. Looked a good player when played. His link-up play is one of the best, if not the best in the team.

1 Like

He was never going to be a regular first XI player for us but there’s been many more opportunities to give him minutes that he’s not received because of how Wenger treats his favourites.

Well, that’s pretty fucking conclusive.

1 Like

I don’t blame him. He’s clearly a better option out wide than Wenger’s favourites.

2 Likes

He’s clearly wasting his time here.

1 Like

I don’t blame him to be honest. He deserves better than this. Whenever he has played he has performed, which is more than can be said for those playing instead of him. He must die a little every time he watches Theo put in a 4/10 performance!

2 Likes

Fucking Wenger. First Campbell now Lucas. What’s his problem. Honestly praying so hard he’s gone in the summer

Fuck Joel Campbell. Lucas looked the business, Joel was always squad level.

2 Likes