Lucas Pérez

At 17m he is our most expensive striker so I hope he has been bought to play in the first team, but I think it’s more likely he has been bought as cover for Welbeck, and possibly one of them might be sold and we can get a proper striker.

It’s only been four seasons, so there’s no rush.

FFS! Give him time. At least until the new year. But Arséne needs to play him.

He will get his chance! We will play about 60 matches this season.

I remember Eduardo wasn’t played much in first three months as well.

That’s mean.

Give him a chance to settle and get a good run of games.

I maybe wrong but Perez needs a few strides before he gets into pace.
I mean he is bit slow in his initial bit of running.

Anyway he has good passing in him.

Seems to have good vision and passing based on his short cameo tonight.

Really should be the first off the bench to rest those front 3 before Ox, two chances two assists, it’s what a player of reasonable quality can do in a game like this, meanwhile Ox…

3 Likes

Looks sharp

2 Likes

The Ox has hardly been poor tonight…

OK, let’s be honest, Ludogorets are pretty terrible, but nonetheless, really nice contribution Perez made, with those two assists to Ozil.

He’s not played much so far, but when he has, he’s offering something to the team. I’d like to see him given more game time, even if it’s just coming off the bench. He’ll surely start against Reading at least though.

1 Like

Definitely looks a viable option on the flanks floating inside.

1 Like

I’m hoping that as the season goes on he comes to prominence and becomes a key option, a bit like Eduardo did in 07/08 (sob)

I think he’s shown enough thus far to be cautiously optimistic about the above happening.

4 Likes

Those assists from wide were so well timed they almost looked a bit unlike Arsenal lol He also showed with a few sprints that he is quite quick and nimble. Interesting player. I wonder if he could be a wide option at the side of Sanchez now and then, if Sanchez continues to play this well in the middle. A lot of players competing for those positions as well atm though.

2 Likes

Ludogorets were proper shit by the time he came on, but he had some very tidy moments. Could have had a goal a couple times but his 2 assists were great. Definitely one for the wings for now as a Theo replacement maybe (if he gets injured/loses form/needs a rest).

Definitely encouraging.

1 Like

2 goals 2 assists in 2 games? Not bad even if it’s against bad opposition

Two good assists. Keep it up Lucas!

1 Like

Ox got a goal and an assist last night?

I think it’s 2 goals and 3 assists.

Really impressed with his runs and assists tonight, fast pinpoint crosses while running at pace.

It was only Ludogorets but there was something reminiscent of the Invinsibles tonight with the direct fast flowing play with quick movement and precise final balls and Lucas was so reminiscent of that.

Doing bits for me on Fifa. Looking forward to him getting a good test. I am very impressed so far though.