Lucas Pérez

I definitely think he deserves to actually play against higher level opposition once in a while.

2 Likes

Agreed. Once Welbeck is fully settled again, I’d try a front 4 of Welbz, Özil, Perez and Alexis.

1 Like

Would be nice to see a front 4 with a bit of movement for a change. We’ve truely resorted back to our lazy, dog shit football from last season.

Giroud can still come on and score late goals as a sub, he only starts to play in the final 20 minutes anyway.

2 Likes

Just realise she has a different perception of world class to most particularly when it’s used to describe Chamberlain.

Anyhow, Perez definitely deserves more first team action none of the fit crop of players deserves to be nailed on the starting XI in those wide positions. He’s done more than enough to justify continued selection and seems he’s up to speed with the squad now.

Leaving him out would be tantamount to self sabotage.

Lucas Perez or Lucas Podolski?

This guy can’t buy a start even with goals and assists

Said it many times over the season, but everytime this guy plays, or at least starts, he always either scores or assists. Such an underrated player who contributes well with his limited chances. It’s going to be hard to force his way into the side, but it’s really good when we need to rotate, we can call upon his services :slight_smile:

11 Likes

Have always said he will be good for us even when people were saying he was a panic buy…just looking at his goals and movements on his videos etc you can tell he just has the knack of being where he is meant to be and making difficult strikes look like he doesn’t even need to think about it…got a bit of David Villa/ Eduardo vibe about him, his impudence and calm swagger like he just doesn’t give a shit even when he scores he has this ‘and what???’ thing about him like he feels its nothing to celebrate its something he just ‘has gotta do’

4 Likes

Think it’s about time he gets a start. We can rotate between Perez, Sanchez, Theo, Welbeck and Iwobi for the wings and striking position.

5 Likes

His ability to link-up with every teammate he plays with is fantastic.

Brilliant player. I remember people took the piss cause I was excited about this signing :wink:

Man, I’ll still take the piss. You acted like we just signed Reus.

1 Like

I want to see him more in the Premier League, and succeed there, before calling him brilliant.

1 Like

Is that the measure of success in a football player then? Being successful in the Premier League?

Of course not.

Come on now you know you are being a little punchy here.

@SDGooner is likely meaning he just wants him to play against full strength teams and be consistent accross a season. As opposed to the odd cup game agsinst weaker teams / alongside weaker arsenal teams where he will stand out.

It’s a fair shout to be fair. However, you can’t be anything but encouraged by his performances in these games. If only Wenger trusted him more for league football. Love Giroud but the number of combinations we can play without him in the starting line-up outweighs his place. Like @SRCJJ mentions, that front line ought to be rotated in various forms.

Baffling that Wenger goes for the safest option rather than having a fluid front line for a change.

1 Like

I doubt he jumps ahead of Welbeck in Wenger’s mind, so even without Giroud it’d be Welbeck/Alexis/Walcott or Iwobi/Alexis/Welbeck etc. imo

I hope Wenger writes a book one day where he discusses all of the tactical choices he made like Giroud etc

That would be so interesting

Proving to be great value for money! Looks to have sharpened up his passing game too.

He pulled the strings from the centre forward position, excellent.