Lucas Pérez

scores a pen in the 60th! about waist high in the left side of the goal (from his pov), hard enough and far enough to the side for the GK to be beaten even though he goes in exactly the right direction!

edit: and he get’s a pass from about the midfield line, dashes past his guy and slide-kicks the ball in the net. Yep, an Arsenal striker just ran past a defender and scored. Can’t remember that happening in recent years lol

edit 2: Ox dashes through the defense line with a tic-toc pass and scores a nice goal in the 90++ minute. Defenders were a bit stiff but a nice goal nonetheless.

3 Likes

Well, I think we’ve got enough material on him from tonight to last another 100 posts :wenger:

Great stuff Lucas. Hope he’s given more time to prove himself.

2 Likes

Nice for his confidence to bang in a couple even if it is only the League Cup.

1 Like

Hope these two goals help him with his confidence.

2 goals and a good assist for ox’s goal too. As i mentioned time and time again we are miles too quick to write off a player, he could do a decent job for us. Give him time to shine and we might be quite surprised at how good he could potentially be.

1 Like

Now hopefully this thread can calm the fck down !!

2 Likes

lol I love how you’ve set up this imaginary group of people writing him off so you can be the guy that says “naughty boys, shouldn’t have written him off!”

3 Likes

LUCAAAAAAAAAAS. 2nd goal was immense! so pleased he got his first two goals for us tonight!

1 Like

Wonderful output. I don’t know if he is ready for Chelsea, but they won’t know how to play against him and after tonight won’t have any idea what lineup to prepare for.

I’d take yet another chance on him upfront, wonderful involvement in the ox goal too.

Mav likes to base nearly every post he makes with a not so subtle ‘I told you so,’ he’s kinda like you were on the old forum pre Sanogo.

2 Likes

:laughing: It’s brilliant

Really impressed with his shoulder to shoulder strength for the second goal. Appears to have really good balance and composed enough to secure the finish.

1 Like

He played a nice pass to Akpom to win the penalty as well. Those actions on the penalty and the Ox goal - drifting back into space between the lines and then playing nicely weighted balls into space for other runners who are charging behind the defense - are things that Theo really doesn’t offer when he plays up front.

Its only Forest at the end of the day but hard not to feel encouraged by Lucas and how he could potentially combine with Ozil, Sanchez, and Iwobi.

1 Like

Looks like Ozil’s PR team got mixed up again

What a win! Glad I got to score my first goals for @Arsenal. Hopefully the firsts of many #YaGunnersYa pic.twitter.com/MdxVG0Mrlb

— Lucas Pérez (@LP10oficial) September 20, 2016
5 Likes

Good goal and I loved that showing of good old CUNT at the end.

2 Likes

he kissed the Ox, get rid

1 Like

Two good goals last night. Then penalty was impressive and his second was even better.

Don’t think he’ll feature on Saturday, unless we’re trailing and he needs to add some attacking strength in the final minutes. But he should start against Basel on Wednesday.

1 Like

Did they have dinner on the coach?

Haha it does look like Gabriel can’t be fucked with all the selfie shite and just wants to tear on with his hamburger. We’ve all been there.

1 Like

With the stupid facial expression and hand gesture he looks like he is fully embracing it.