Lucas Pérez

hopefully his english isnt good and he has better things to occupy himself .

2 Likes

I have no idea what is going on in this thread, i assume it is still off topic, so I am going to contribute with something happy. I just got in from a night out in shoteditch and I have had the best kebab ever, that is all :blush:.

1 Like

I too hope he plays today. Lucas Perez Martinez that is.

:joy: :joy: :joy:

You’re kidding right? Higuain is one of the best strikers on the planet (pre-belly). Cavani is easily World Class too.

I don’t really know if I have an actual definition of world class, so it’s honest confusion on my part.

I am of the impression that Cavani isnt clinical enough and I’m not sure if Higuain turns up in big games / when it really counts.

I’d rate them both in the bracket below Aguero, Suarez and Lewandowski.

What would you define world class as?

The definition of world class is a matter of opinion, but it is probably whoever the player is, being able to go to any top club and walk into their first team.

For me Aubameyang fits that description, but I’m not sure about Cavani or Higuain.

Turning up in big games counts towards world class status, but again big game is open to interpretation, just like world class is.

Henry turned up for big games in one sense, Madrid away, Liverpool in 03/04 when the season could have crumbled. Those are massive games, and I could list so many more. But without checking this again, I think he scored in one semi final while at Arsenal and never in a final. Those are big games, the kind Drogba always turned up for, but Henry often didn’t (at least in terms of goals).

But no-one would ever question Henry’s world class status.

I get the sense that Higuain screws up semis and finals, in a worse fashion than Henry used to for sure, but I don’t know him well enough to know if he turns up for big league matches and European ties like Henry use to.

I’ve never understand the desire to define what world class is. It’s a subjective term and if you consider someone world class it shouldn’t matter that someone else doesn’t

It’s pretty much ingrained in the nature of football fans to debate subjective statements. It’s the whole reason sites like this exist really.

Of course, but you have to admit it’s pretty much the epitome of pointless footy debates. Nearly as bad as trying to define what makes a player a legend or FM ratings being used in the real world.

Yeah it’s pretty damn pointless

1 Like

On the bench again today vs. Hull. With Giroud on the naughty step after his antics in Paris I probably would have started Perez in this match.

The drop off between Alexis’ output up front and his output on the left wing is so great and makes such a difference to the team. Even without having seen a lot of Perez play I’d roll the dice and assume that the drop off between a Grioud who appears to be on the edge of some sort of emotional meltdown and Perez isn’t that great.

6 minutes of world class play today.

Well done Lucas

:clap: :clap:

4 Likes

Can only imagine those six minutes should allow us to have a genuine and analytical debate about this guy as a player.

1 Like

League Cup game will be important for him to improve his confidence with our shirt.

The way he celebrated Xhaka’s goal was absolutely World Class.

6 Likes

Shit player. Had 6 minutes against a poor Hull team playing with 10 men and couldn’t even muster a shot on goal while Xhaka scored a worldie, needs to be sold immediately.

You don’t understand the desire to define or understand something? Okay…

Being able to deduce how good a player is based on a couple of words is (imo) pretty cool and stimulates plenty of discussion. Which as mentioned above is what sites like these are all about.

I would imagine virtually all words we use to describe a player to be subjective to a degree, are they all pointless too?

You do understand some people find trying to equate a definition for a subjective term to be a waste of time. Sure it’s fun drunk in the pub but ultimately is a waste of your time and effort.

Edit - In terms to the rest of what you added yeh sure I guess that’s true but if you want a more intelligent discussion to begin with then the emphasis should be on you to explain why he’s world class without even having to use the term. I know everyone falls victim to using the term world class and that isn’t a huge deal but it nearly always digresses into an argument about what world class means - which after about the 100th time gets a little old and is totally fucking pointless because it’s just a lazy term that can’t be quantified.

Lol okay