Lucas Pérez

Yes yes of course, I have difficulty comprehending contradiction :campbell:

I suggest you make a clear distinction between attacking players and strikers because most people would assume strikers, b2b midfielders, attacking midfielders and wingers fall under the category of attacking players.

Clearly you are far to advanced for our meagre little brains :ozil2:

1 Like

I wrote,

If you think Ibrahimovic, Rashford, Martial, Rooney, Costa, Vardy, Lukaku, Sturridge, Kane etc, wouldn’t have a chance of getting in our first team, then you clearly think Giroud, Perez and Walcott are the best strikers in the PL.

How can you get that lot mixed up with anything other than strikers?

If I said attacking p[layers after mentioning all those Strikers, I’m sorry for the confusion.
But to say you are being pedantic is an understatement.

3 Likes

Doesn’t think it’s fair to judge our strike force after 3 matches…judges other teams on one game. Makes sense.

You’ll hold on to this one game for United forever like when they go on a 10 game run you’ll be like, but they lost feyenoord that one time they aren’t good" because that is typical Wenger Fundamentalist behavior.

2 Likes

:campbell: bruh!!!

If actually read the entire conversation you’d find wasn’t putting this season in to context…and I was being cynical dude.

BTW had we lost to feynoord you’d be the first to jump up and down and point out how everything is shit, this why I don’t take you seriously :bellerin:

1 Like

Right, back to Perez… seems to sum up:

1. He probably isn’t the WC striker we need, and maybe not the back-up we need, but we damn well hope so. He had a good year last year in Spain and has some interesting qualities. If he WAS the target all along, then why wait until end of window?

2. Regardless, we needed numbers b/c of Welbeck, so at least we signed a striker and didn’t persist with Theo as our main option behind Giroud.

3. People are hoping against hope he turns into Vardy v.2.0 from last year, but no one would have predicted that from Vardy either, so I think it is reasonable to be skeptical. The fact that Sanchez has started up top is curious twist here as well. I don’t get it.

I want to see more of Perez, but I’m not sure AW will risk it once Ollie is fully fit. And if Sanchez or Iwobi gets injured (haha how ridiculous is that statement), we are looking at a LOT of time from Theo and Ox on the wing and that spells 4th place at best imo.

Lol if he was scoring hatrick every day this thread would have like 3 posts in it. Everyone would just be in a different thread arguing about the technique in which Wenger picked his nose yesterday.

2 Likes

He would but if you remember that’s the season we went for Higuain, got the price raised by 14m and decided to go for Suarez for his 40m release clause made more sense. By the time the Suarez deal collapsed, Higuain and Auba were on their way. We then agreed a deal for Remy, which Mourinho vetoed at the last moment when he heard we were signing Ozil. So we were active. In hindsight it was a disaster but each decision made sense at the time.

The next season we landed Alexis and Welbeck, good signings. Last season was a cock up, this season we again tried for several strikers and eventually went for Lucas as a fallback option. He is a fallback option but imo a good one.

It was reported we did but it was sketchy. We never release information abotu the bids we make, it’s usually the other team to flush bids out but a few German papers stated we offered between 40-50m Euros and the player wanted to come, they didn’t want to sell.

http://www.espnfc.co.uk/story/2527994/dortmund-confirm-arsenal-psg-target-aubameyang-not-for-sale

1 Like

He obviously wasn’t first choice but he had a very good season last year in his own right with pretty poor service

If Perez replicates his last years finishing with the greater number of chances he could net over 20 goals here potentially. He will get more chances here, if he’s started. The quality of goals he was scoring last year and in prior years is pretty impressive, he scores quite a bit from outside the box.

If Alexis got his off the ball movement sorted out he’s potentially a world class CF. I don’t think he can do it personally but Wenger thinks there is a chance he could. I don’t think he wants to overplay Perez too early but I would expect him to start against Hull.

He’s scored and assisted this season yes…just not for us yet

Mark this one down Wenger Fundamentalists. This is the face of failure right here. Sums up everything that is wrong with this club’s transfer policy.

On the other hand, he might be surrounded with better players but at the same time when playing for a bigger club. he’ll get less room against 95% of the teams he’ll play than he did get with deportivo, plus the pace of our game is a lot higher.

He could benefit from better service, but playing with better players for a better team can also be a lot harder.

Good post, I’ve always said I give us a pass on the strikers in summer of '13, because we did the right thing going for Suárez, we just got fucked.

Doubt we actually bid for Aubameyang last summer though, tbh. Think Wenger was interested but was never really going to go all out for someone who wasn’t Benzema, because he felt like Walcott at CF was a good way forward (I’ll admit, I felt the same, except I did prefer Aubameyang to Walcott, and knew Benzema was a pipedream).

That’s evidently a false statement tbh. Some of it is about him as people are discussing the fact that we signed him and the reasons why.

Is it because he was cheap and no good players want to come to us anymore?

referring to Evans?

Vardy too. Literally getting turned down by the very best.

this!

It’s obvious Lucas is a poor man´s Bendtner and Arteta was Fabregas replacement.

3 Likes

Fck this thread !?

1 Like

I hope he plays tomorrow.

2 Likes

After reading this thread he’ll never want to Fckn play for us again - jeez !?

4 Likes