Lucas Pérez

Higuain
Cavani
Falcao
Ibra (twice if you include the same summer as RVP)
Lewandowski
Aubameyang
Suarez

You can even throw in people like Costa, Martial and Lukaku for bants.

All these players have moved clubs since RVP left you mug.

Right let’s ignore the elephant to prove a point :smiley:

Ok five of these players moved to top teams or other teams for £50m plus which at that period Arsenal could not spend; one had sign a pre contract with one of the top three clubs in Europe; saurez we went for got turned away even with release clause met but then got sold for £65m to another top 3 club in Europe, higuain bid accept then price up to and still went; aumba was bought as winger which we did not need at that time!!!

We have out scored them in previous seasons, but our midfield includes Ozil, Sanchez and Cazorla, so imagine how many more Man U would have scored with their strikers playing in front of those players, or how many we would have scored with a top quality striker.

As I said about Feyenoord, Mourinho has no interest in that competition, so if we go in a lesser competition, like the League Cup, it doesn’t bother me if we field a weakened team and lose.

Sorry for being nit picky but, are Higuain, Cavani and Aubameyang really world class?

Big names for sure.

I would confidetly suggest Costa, Martial and Lukaku arent world class though. Though I guess it all boils down to opinion. Falcao however, was world class at one time, but absolutely lost that status.

1 Like

:smiley: oh really what happened to that quality, sounds like an excuse to me.

Hey we won’t know how many they would have scored with an average Arsenal midfield (since we barely have one quality attacking player); from your rhetoric they shouldn’t need Arsenal’s midfield to be better right?

Lol

4 Likes

I don’t understand.
Of course every team needs a quality midfield, no matter how good the strikers are.
It’s no good having great strikers if your midfield doesn’t match that quality.

This is our problem.
Great midfield but only barely adequate strikers.

Dont get caught up on Costa, Lukaku, Martial I did say they were thrown in for bants. (Still strikers we wouldn’t sniff at).

It depends what your definition of world class is but unless I’m missing something glaringly obvious with the exception of Benzema and Aguero the listed strikers have been the best in the world for the past four years and the best you can buy. So the assertion that no big strikers move clubs since RVP left is wrong. They almost all have.

1 Like

:smiley: oh so now we have quality players; wait I thought we didn’t which is we do or we don’t?, and with United’s five quality attacking players why would they need Arsenal’s midfield to show us up, doesn’t go against your argument right here?

I have never said we don’t have quality players.
You accuse me of putting words into your mouth yet you do the same thing.

2 Likes

Its what he does ,he’s like @trion on speed !

1 Like

[quote=“InvincibleDB10, post:478, topic:584, full:true”]

Am I making you say things now? :arteta:

This is what you wrote

I said we don’t have top quality strikers.
How hard is that to understand?

Barely have one so that quantifies as 1 I suppose :ozil2:

Attacking players includes wingers, attacking midfielders, Box to Box midfielders and strikers, well at least I thought it did; I guess by your standards it means strikers.

I have said regularly that we have one of the best midfields in Europe, and that Ozil, Sanchez and Cazorla deserve a better striker, so I would have thought that it was obvious I was talking about strikers, especially after listing so many from other clubs.

So many posts for a player who has barely played so far :arteta:

Has he scored yet?

1 Like

He’s must be scoring a hatrick every day with how busy this thread is with NONE of it about the guy in the title.

1 Like

Right right so the fact you mentioned strikers and in the same breath how we barely have 1 quality attacking player :facepalm: I can’t keep up bro.

1 Like

Yeah, it must be difficult for you to understand.