Lucas Pérez

You definitely are best french fries forever…

Also trolly is another word for misunderstood.

Isn’t that what I said?

I prefer misunderstood, but basically yea.

I think that’s our basic problem, we need a level between my satirical nature and your understanding of said nature.

You should start watching Archer.

2 Likes

ok… added

2 Likes

I just done you a massive favour good buddy.

I tend to feel I psychologically identify with Cheryl. My avatar’s a picture of Babou with Archer not Archer with Babou.

1 Like

OK lads, seriously now :sweat_smile: It be great if this thread was left in peace now, or actually discuss about Mr Perez

1 Like

I think that’s up to Wenger more than it is us.

1 Like

Classic Brady reference. Huzzah!

1 Like

Bottom line - I have more confidence in Perez being useful than I do in Theo or Ox. FFS we damn well REQUIRE him to be great for us this year or we are staring at another disappointing year. With him we at least have 2 fit strikers but are still massively missing quality on the wing to supplement that attack. Hopefully Iwobi takes huge strides this year and Perez is awesome and we are lucky with fitness for Sanchez and Ozil.

If Perez is the right guy, it does seem slightly odd that we took so long to get him, though. Would have been nice to have him for preseason and to get familiar with the team, especially since we were so short in attack.

1 Like

And I didn’t even pitch in.

If you think Ibrahimovic, Rashford, Martial, Rooney, Costa, Vardy, Lukaku, Sturridge, Kane etc, wouldn’t have a chance of getting in our first team, then you clearly think Giroud, Perez and Walcott are the best strikers in the PL.

This is the sort of arrogant, morally superior attitude poster like you have, which is so annoying.

So, because I see other clubs with better strikers, I should just put up and shut up about our lack of a top quality striker.

I want us to have the best players so we can seriously challenge for the big trophies.
I don’t want to see every season going without the striker we deserve.

If that is NOT supporting Arsenal then I don’t know what is.

I would never accuse another supporter of not supporting the club, but when I hear people constantly defend Wenger and think everything is great and that we gave the best players, when it clearly isn’t true, then sometimes I wonder if they are true Arsenal supporters or just Wenger followers.

3 Likes

Mate did you even read what I said; and no on current form only ibra, Costa and vardy; you have lukaku who just scored after 13 games of not scoring (and we hate giroud for doing the same) Kane on some terrible form since April, sturrige can’t stay fit for ten seconds, martial and rashford are still kids mate hardly lighting up at the moment so stop. And I not even close to being arrogant. On redcafe they talk about rashford and martial still needing development and want Rooney needs to stop playing but yet he can walk in to our team after some of shit showing for the last two years plus; that’s the sort shit I can’t stand and the only person that’s taking some superior stance is you, clearly all I did was disagree with and list who would get in to our team but typical of posters like just come out like omg what don’t you agree your arrogant etc. Mate every supporter wants the best for their team but I will turn around and some shit player or not yet developed player that’s has not proved a damn can walk in to my team.

If you can to make argument stick with original four teams you started off with (it must be nice to able to shift the goal post to sound more credible).

It’s a forum I can disagree with you you can disagree with me that’s point, I don’t need that self righteous marter Arsenal saviour complex a lot people are displaying if anyone disagrees. If my team performs better a team it means at that my players played better it’s that simple.

WOB seems to think that if you disagree you must be some AKB! How about this I don’t agree with you my opinion doesn’t align with yours…process that few a second…AC said something parts I disagreed parts I agreed with very simple it’s perspective and opinions we are allowed to be different so get off the high horse that you seem to think I am sitting on.

I’ve said on the old forum on OA people put down our own and uplift other players justifiable or unjustifiable

1 Like

Of these players that would ‘walk’ into our team I would say…

Ibra would.
Rashford wouldn’t.
Martial wouldn’t.
Rooney wouldn’t.
Costa would.
Vardy would.
Lukaku might.
Sturridge would.
Kane would.

Its worth remembering however that Kane, Vardy, Sturridge and Lukaku all went to their clubs prior to breaking out and of those four clubs, there have been other strikers that have (in some cases) catastrophically failed and dropped their clubs many many points.

Guardiolas City not getting Aubameyang shows how hard it is to get any movement in the striking area, it’s a horrible time to be buying strikers that in most cases, Giroud is as good as or better than.

Imo we should be hoovering up and loaning out the Batshuayi’s of this world, but hey ho.

3 Likes

[quote=“AbouCuellar, post:457, topic:584”]
Yeh, it’s hard to take the fact that City, United, and Chelsea have signed Martial, Jesus, Sané, and Batshuayi in the last two summers when we are far more in need for these types of players than those teams (aside from Utd when they signed Martial, but then Martial was a young French talent who really should’ve been our domain if Wenger didn’t have outdated views of what young players are worth). And then on top of it all we’ve lost our best young attacking talent…At least if we were surrounding a hard-working ST like Pérez or Welbeck with wingers with real end product and quality like Alexis, Sané, Gnabry, Iwobi you’d feel there was a plan.

[quote="AbouCuellar, post:457, topic:58
Exactly.
When he comes to buying the best players, Wenger’s valuation is always lower than the sellers, so unless this attitude changes we are never going to see a striker much better than Vardy or Perez here.

This is the point.
Other teams get rid of their dross and move onto another player.
We just accumulate it and wait endlessly for them to come good.

This is what I don’t understand.
There are people talking as if Perez is the answer to our striking problems, yet he was bought right at the end of the window, which would indicate he was well down on the list of Wenger’s targets for the striker position,
If he was that good, why didn’t he buy him at the start of the window so he could have a whole pre season with us?

[quote=“Oliver, post:476, topic:584”]
Of these players that would ‘walk’ into our team I would say…

Ibra would.
Rashford wouldn’t.
Martial wouldn’t.
Rooney wouldn’t.
Costa would.
Vardy would.
Lukaku might.
Sturridge would.
Kane would.

Its worth remembering however that Kane, Vardy, Sturridge and Lukaku all went to their clubs prior to breaking out and of those four clubs, there have been other strikers that have (in some cases) catastrophically failed and dropped their clubs many many points.

Guardiolas City not getting Aubameyang shows how hard it is to get any movement in the striking area, it’s a horrible time to be buying strikers that in most cases, Giroud is as good as or better than.

Imo we should be hoovering up and loaning out the Batshuayi’s of this world, but hey ho.
[/quote]The reason I think Rooney and Rashford would get in our first team, is because they are more dynamic than Giroud, even considering Rooney’s drop in form.
Rashford for me is the best young striker in the PL.
Martial is slightly different, as he is not a main striker but i would still have him here.

I just think it’s odd that Man U have four or five attacking players that are top quality and we barely have one.

I agree about buying players like Batshuayi and loaning them out, although he is another player that we could have in our first team that would do well with our midfield.

I used to be big fan of Rooney but he shouldn’t be starting for any Top club anymore.
He is quite lucky he negotiated such a long term contract with United.

Top quality the got beaten by feynoord yesterday! Got to redcaf you’d see that they don’t believe their have five quality attacking players.

Let’s see: Mata, Rooney, Rashford, Ibra, Depay and Martial
Yep quality; oh let’s not forget young, Valencia lingard, Herrera, shniderlin (wrong spelling I know) that old German dude, that tall Belgium dude yep quality.

And we barely have one; I see might as well £250m to replace the shit fest at Arsenal then.

So after one game against Feyenoord you are more than happy with Giroud and Perez and have written off Rooney, Ibrahimovic, Rashford and Martial.

Mourinho has no interest in the Europa league so what’s your point.
It’s not like Giroud and Walcott have been tearing up the PL this seasons.

If you’re happy with what we have, and don’t see any players from Man U, or any other team that have better strikers than we do, then we will have to agree to disagree.

1 Like

I wrote off Rooney yes and I’ve done so for nearly three years now and still proving correct on that one. Mate I’ve always wanted a better striker but I won’t Lord other teams strikers as so superior to ours since we’ve constantly finished above them for three years out scored them for three years.

The others I did not I’ve said ibra definitely would have, rashford and martial not there yet; so stop saying things I haven’t said.

One game ehh against a shit team; I wonder if you’d have said that if it was Arsenal getting beat by feynoord I doubt you’d be so forgiving