Lucas Pérez

I’ve never once before seen it suggested that Kroenke insisted any such thing. Any more details on that?

van Persie was forced out by Wenger.

2 Likes

:jakey:

2 Likes

Well I can say with certainty one…this one…thanks to you.

It’s true, Ibrahimovic might not be able to play every game, and he might not do much apart from goal hanging but Mourinho wanted a proven goal scorer to do a job until Ashford and Martial are ready to start for them.

They have four or five strikers that would walk into our first team and Chelsea have two.

Man City also have much better strikers than we do, and even more embarrassing, spurs, Leicester and Liverpool all have a better main striker than us.
You could even argue Everton do as well.

Like I say, other teams manage to get what they need, and don’t wait several seasons either.

Are you kidding me; besides ibra who is the other three? Rashford(unproven) martial (unproven and struggling) Rooney (just no). Chelsea besides Costa and his up and down antics who else from Chelsea’s famed strike force? City my god again argurero, inhac very much like rashford. Seriously mate do hate Arsenal that much or is it just thing promote every other besides our own

You obviously didn’t watch the Giroud led Arsenal strikeforce last season so I have to question whether or not you really like Arsenal very much.

1 Like

van Persie was forced out by anyone. He was tired to wait and asked to leave the club and accept to become a MUFC player.

He won a PL but I don’t know if he was right about the intention to step forward because after him we signed Sanchez, Ozil, Welbeck, Cech, Xhaka and Mustafi, Koscielny has become WC defender plus important presences like Monreal, Bellerìn, Ospina and Coquelin.

I am just going ignore you mate for the sack of sanitystrong text

1 Like

Ignore away but I am the sack of sanity.

1 Like

He wasn’t serious.

Iheanacho is the real deal and I’m convinced he’d be an upgrade on what we have currently.

Good strikers have moved: Aubameyang, Sturridge, Dybala…

We’ve failed, above all, at bringing in good young strikers that could contribute and grow into something more. The expectation of just having a Benzema fall into our lap like with Özil has been a failed policy. It’s just not realistic, and it’s only realistic if you’re willing to pay the exorbitant fee that Juventus just paid for Higuaín, which we are not.

We should’ve been interested in the Aubameyangs, Sturridges, and Dybalas of the world. Aubameyang was signed the summer Welbeck was signed…if we were serious about finding a real, quality CF and not just a stopgap like Giroud, we could’ve signed both, and moved Giroud on, because there is no rule that you have to persist with players and delusions that they can become top class after two full seasons of mediocrity. To steal a line from @A.F. , look at Atlético, they are quick to move players on and try new things. Speaking of Atléti, having missed out on Aubameyang and Sturridge, Correa would’ve been a good option, a player with real talent to bet on and give a real chance.

We might’ve made a real strong run at Aubameyang last summer, too, before he broke out. There were rumours we were considering a bid of £30m or so, and that Dortmund was determined to hold onto him, but would they if we were willing to make an offer of £40, or £50? It’s a risk we should’ve been looking to take instead of holding out in a vain pursuit for Benzema.

Yeah @Maxi_Gooner as Shamrock says I’m not serious, it’s a running joke from the old forum, arising from the claims of a certain mad englishman named BradyMagic

2 Likes

If you read my earlier aumba was bought as winger not a striker same with Griezman; even if we offered £50m and the player didn’t want to move you can’t force him to move especially when the club has no reason to sell. Athletic like get good players but if good become great that’s plus like with every signing teams that splash 50-70m on a single player; you a lot of people are ignoring the fact not a lot of good strikers moved around in the last four years. Inhac is would be great soon but not now, all he is at the moment is a good young striker I agree we should got while we were getting his buddies.

@AbouCuellar sorry for the last post, I don’t understand your humor :slight_smile:

However, apart Correa and Sturridge who are two question marks for many reasons, you’re talking about two strikers (Auba and Dybala) form two small/medium clubs and without a scoresheet good enough to be considered clinical strikers good enough to improve our attack.

Arsenal missed the chance to sign proved striker during latest transfer windows like Gameiro, Icardi, Mandzukic, Carlos Bacca, Michy Batshuayi, Diego Costa etc…

1 Like

That’s the whole point, you need to bet on someone before they break out and become world class as Auba and Dybala and Sturridge have. Unless you’re Real Madrid the luxury of attracting and paying the fee necessary for a ready made top class striker–especially striker, because it’s the most highly valued/sought after position–is not one you can permit yourself.

Hence why I say this is where we have failed, in recognition and development of a potential top class talent, or a few, to mitigate risk. Welbeck and Sanogo has not been a good enough attempt.

4 Likes

I can’t remember the details now, but I read it and it seemed credible.

You look at the money City and Pep spent on Jesus. Fuck me he could be a game changer and they’re already playing silky stuff the league can’t compete with. I genuinely didn’t expect Pep to have it this easy but I’ll be interested to see what he can do in Europe, City very much could win the CL in the next few years or at the least get their name out there as a European powerhouse - something we’ve never really done.

Though it’s genuinely hard for me to be objective when you’re so salty over a rival having a manager who cares about modern tactics and takes the transfer market seriously.

2 Likes

And this is an impossibility with Perez? Why the FUCK will people not give the guy a chance, he could very well be a top striker once he gets the ball rolling! Just because he is older people have totally disregarded that he could turn into a peach of a signing. I wonder how many people will come back to this thread and admit they are wrong if he turned out to be a 30+ goal a year striker. Please dont say history dictates yadda yadda…he just scored 17 goals pretty much on his own for a shit team. Vardy came from nowhere to be the leagues top scorer, what about Harry Kane, did fuck all for ages now he is banging them in (well at least was.

2 Likes

Dude, just stop…It’s okay to give opinions and it’s okay to be able to accept others opinions even if they don’t align with your own opinions. We’ll all find out.

And just FYI…people on this forum watch a TON of football. We aren’t 12 year old Messi fanboys spouting shit, we’ve been through a lot of PL & CL games, we’ve seen a ton of non-Arsenal players, we’ve watched a million youtubes on potential signings and we’ve heard from supporters of other teams on their players. There’s a lot of knowledge here, you should try listening instead of shouting down all of the time.

4 Likes

Why it is so difficult to understand?
Nobody here, NOBODY refused to give Perez a chance.

The topic just switched to “why Wenger could not land a talent earlier” or something like that.
There were players available in the past couple of years but we did not take any chance on the availability. Wenger just played the waiting game, or he was sacred to take a risk.

It is NOT about Perez, it is about Wenger.

1 Like