Lucas Pérez

Agree. So to your issue: tell me how many threads on unrelated topics are diverted by users why can’t stop going on about how the lanky vulture is just too awesome? Aaand now by people digging for a connection to piss at the old skeleton at every chance given? It’s the same thing to you? Or, Wenger being shite or not: If 10 new members signed up and diverted every thread to being about how much better Barca is than Arsenal I assume you wouldn’t say “well there is some performance-based truth to it I guess, so carry on”, would you? You’d probably divert them to the Barca thread, wouldn’t you? No matter if the discussion is on the amount of goals scored, or possession or w/e but that was all they would go on about? And how often does this apply to each of the sides of the Wenger argument and how come the answer is 99% on the crybaby side?

That is why the answer to the question in the first paragraph is a ratio of 1:100 and why the thing you’re so tired of has nothing to do with the answer to whether the Wenger is ultimately good or bad at his job. You think this thread is a bag of shite, I’ve said the same thing in a bunch of threads for the exact same reason too, the last one I think was “10 years at the Emirates” by Mysty. Think about how sad that for a second. It is not the same thing at all.

Constructive suggestion (I’ve given several times): The next time people are discussing a player’s shoe size and some jester comes in and cries that “Wenger picked the shoe size, Wenger out” why don’t you tell them to fuck off to the Wenger thread and go on there, as an experiment, and let’s see what happens? Let’s see who will give you a like for that post. And of course the same goes the other way, though I’m sure you won’t have to spend too many calories on that, the few times that has happened lately was mostly for the counter-luls, such as the “Perez is godlike” crap in this thread.

Good suggestion is it not? Try to keep it in the Wenger thread for a while.

1 Like

Why are people getting hung up on whether the content of a thread is good or bad lol, it’s a fucking internet forum about footy not a published journal or article.

We’re playing dogshit football and the manager is making some seriously questionable decisions, if you can’t handle people framing that in a negative light then you might want to give the internet/newspapers/radios/tv a miss for a couple of weeks until things turn around a bit.

6 Likes

We can only aspire to your greatness, loyalty to Wenger and never straying from the subject of a thread.

You sound like a school boy who goes to the teacher to tell on his mates.

Sir, all the other boys have strayed off the subject, please tell them off."

2 Likes

Wenger is the be all end all at this club. All decisions on the sporting front come down to him, so if you can’t handle him being discussed in a thread about a player that he manages and signed, well…

Not saying the conversation isn’t boring or redundant, but tbh the most ridiculous thing in this thread has been the conversation about the conversation, and the people making it out like there are legions of people writing off Lucas, when all I’ve really seen is reasonable scepticism (disclaimer: I don’t read Drayton’s posts or some of the long posts that are more aimed at Wenger than the discussion of Lucas…might be something worth trying instead of taking the time to read such posts and then the time again to write a post complaining about them and making out like there’s a public lynching of Lucas going on, when in reality the general discussion is a lot more reasonable than it was when, say, Sanogo, or Asano, or Koscielny were signed).

4 Likes

Anyone can summarize me the principal argument of the latest 400 posts? I stopped to read this topic after his performance against Soton.

It turned super meta, bad posts about bad players within bad posts about bad threads and why there aren’t good posters posting good things instead of bad posters posting bad things about bad players who are actually good players.

Do you follow?

2 Likes

This is the exact point that these guys have been trying to make to you. I browsed through the Koscielny thread on the former site and there were plenty of people saying the very same thing almost verbatim. We should be aspiring for more, underwhelming, blah blah. Now he’s arguably the best CB in the league. Maybe give the guy some time before pronouncing him not good enough.

1 Like

@AbouCuellar

Damn, well said AC. People just making things up

[quote=“Arsenal4thetreble, post:409, topic:584, full:true”]

This is the exact point that these guys have been trying to make to you. I browsed through the Koscielny thread on the former site and there were plenty of people saying the very same thing almost verbatim. We should be aspiring for more, underwhelming, blah blah. Now he’s arguably the best CB in the league. Maybe give the guy some time before pronouncing him not good enough.
[/quote]After waiting more than four seasons for a striker I was rather hoping we would get what we needed this seasons.
Not have to wait for an experienced player to maybe come good next season.

How long is reasonable to wait for Wenger to buy a top quality striker?

I really don’t know.

1 Like

Who is there realistically out there to buy though that is WC. Auba has said he is not really looking to go anywhere barring RM. Griezmann well he has an 85m release clause but has said he is very happy where he is and is not looking to move. Lewandowski probably will not leave Bayern unless it is for crazy money and crazy wages and that is yet again if Bayern want to sell. Lacazette aint world class and is in the same form as Perez really we dont know how well he will do in the EPL and £45m for him i think is a bit steep…it is not so easy to buy a top rate striker at the moment. If it was don;'t you think Manu would have gotten one instead of just ibra although a top striker he is at the end of his career.

Wenger is supposed to be the most knowledgable manager when it comes to buying players.

If he can’t get a top quality striker since RVP left then something isn’t right.

Plenty of other clubs seem to get the players they need, and considering how desperate we are, with so much money at our disposal, Perez seems a little under whelming.

1 Like

Yet again since RVP has left, which WC strikers have moved from their respective clubs? NONE apart from Ibra, but look at Manu they have all the money etc in the world but they are reduced to buying stop gaps RVP with injuries and age etc was close to the end of his career as regards EPL couldnt cope so well with the pace and demands and Ibra they might get 2-3 years out of him but there is no truly young WC strikers out there that are willing to leave their clubs.

Come on man you can’t use RVP as an example and they say they have adequately replaced him. Marshall/Rashford/Ibra would all improve us fairly significantly. Or hell even just keeping RVP and getting the best out of him would have helped us both.

2 Likes

Martial cost 70m and isn’t that good yet, not having a good season. Ibra is ancient, will break down and is costing a king’s ransom and we don’t have first dibs on players from United’s youth team, that’s Juve’s prerogative.

Didn’t Wenger want to keep RVP and Kroenke demanded we sell if he didn’t sign a contract or was that Nasri? Remember him saying ‘we’re not a big club if we sell our best player’s as a veiled attack on the board’

I said, yes they replaced him with Ibra but yet again he is WC but a STOP GAP STRIKER, do you think they went after him thinking yup he is our striker for the future or a stop gap striker until someone somewhere can be dislodged. Why get Ibra when he has 2-3 year left MAX when you could get a WC striker with some decent years left in him…fact of a matter is THEY CANT because there are fuck all out there, none which are leaving their clubs any time soon, or if they do move will be bought for insane money and on an insane contract. This is what i am saying yes even clubs like manu may have grabbed RVP off us WC mmmmnnn yeah probably but a risk, also Ibra is a risk what happened if he just couldnt cope with the EPLs pace. In reality he cant he huffs and puffs and blows, he just hangs up top but in general doesnt get too involved in the match he wont be able to do the EPL for too long i dont reckon soon he will be a drogbaesque super sub i reckon.

If the focus of the topic is debating about the quality of Lucas Perez, the world class striker what we need and the wrong choice to buy the former Depor striker, I’ve some things to write.

I can accept the opinion about Lucas who isn’t a WC striker and the striker who we never signed after the departure or Robin van Persie, but Perez needs time to show his qualities. We can force him to play at top level after only 60 minutes into a new squad, 60 minutes with new team mates, 60 minutes into a new league, 60 minutes against other opponents much different than La Liga opponents, 60 minutes into a game not adapt for his capacities because if you aren’t Sergio Aguero and you are not a proper number 9, you will suffer against a defense with the bus in front of the goal.

Our main striker is Olivier Giroud, and if you like or not, he is useful and important for our tactic. If you like or not, Welbeck (another very good striker but not WC) will return during the next two months and will be an important option.

Lucas Perez has been a good choice between a starter and a squad player. Technically, he is a player unique into our squad because we haven’t a rapid striker who can help us to play on counterattack. Apart this, is hard to mark him (try to ask about Lucas to Mustafi, Gimenez, Juanfran, Alba, Mascherano and Raphael Varane).

Unfortunately we have a part of fanbase who think to be like Real Madrid who can bench to create competition between WC players.

I think that was the window we sold both Cesc and Nasri.

But he certainly wanted to keep RVP, for obvious reasons.
The board didn’t even give Wenger the full 24m they got from Man U for the replacement for RVP, because Giroud was only about 10m.

We literally done that with Cech and there is absolutely nothing wrong with it.

We got Giroud, Podolski and Santi that summer but we sold Song to who was coming off his best ever season. HE wasn’t perfect but keeping him would have made us stronger for the next few seasons. Not sure if that was financial or the rumours he was being lazy in pre season and wanted away.

Are you talking about Alex Song? I remember a fight between him and Bould during the pre-season.