Liverpool

Lol. Being able to pay your bills is more important than loyality.

I think “we just sucked at negotiation” is a fair assessment.

Me too.

Kroenke should say the same

What?

“I don’t want to invest in Arsenal out of my own pocket, as I have my own bills to pay”

This club is actually owned by Kroenke. He would be spending on something that he actually owns… Arsenal fans rent a seat.

1 Like

We football fans have been spoiled but usually businesses work on P&L wherein the owners try to make profits rather than putting their own money in & incurring losses in the way.

Billonaires own sports team for prestige and pleasure. We don’t need to question their awareness that this is money losing business.

1 Like

Your ticket price increase logic is flawed.
The financial results indicate that we currently make about 100 million in gate and matchday income.

We already have the most expensive average ticket price in the league and even then if we were to increase ticket prices by 20%, it’d only yeild an additional 20 million.That wouldn’t even fund fee for a decent young player. Even a 50% price increase will only result in an additional 50 mil and it’ll get you an above average signing like Laca once every season and this is without accounting for wages, only considering transfer fees.

In order to complete in this environment, we need to find alternate sources of income, including backing from the owner who had seen the value of good asset grow double on a self-sustaining model so far.

5 Likes

If not Ticket prices, we need to bring in capping on salary, transfer fee & agent fee.
This shit can’t go on like this.

Now you’re spinning a different argument.

Wage caps, Fee caps and agent commission is controlled by the league, not the club and it’ll not have a direct impact on how competitive we are in the current situation and it is completely unrelated to the point about ticket prices you’ve been going on about for months now.

We can self impose sanctions like we had before 2015 and we all know what came out of that.

2 Likes

I was asking for overall capping across all leagues

Beyond the powers of OA i’m afraid. Go write FIFA a letter or something.

1 Like

Or just spend more wisely and sell players in the summer instead of January to maximise sales revenues. If we lose Ramsey on a free and don’t replace well you can’t claim it’s anything other than poor squad management

1 Like

:arteta:

Classic Ramos

5 Likes

Sure it can–unless the sheiks at City, Rooskie Oil baron at Chelsea, etc. get tired of spending money, they can and will turn the different euro leagues into the Bundesliga where only one team (maybe 2) have a chance to win the league.

European League have been traditionally dominated by one or two teams though :wink:. In that sense is changes nothing.

Kroenke, spend some money, you obscene cunt.
https://www.forbes.com/profile/stanley-kroenke/#f006f46742c7

4 Likes
3 Likes

How can a professional footballer be running around for ages not knowing his laces were undone.
Even more amazing, going up to your boss, talking about your sex fetishes and then wondering why “he didn’t get you.”

Although I’m sure with the English degree he got from Cambridge, Pennant can always get a job at the BBC as a political news correspondent.