La Liga

Valencia too good to get relegated?

Barca playing Leganés now.
1-0 Messi thanks to Suarez’s assist. It’s gonna be a mayhem for newly-promoted team.
2-0 Suarez. Now it’s Messi who assists him.
Only Neymar was missing on the scoresheet. 3-0. Leganés have played well, tbf.
4-0. Messi’s penalty.

Ray Hudson :joy::joy:

https://cdn-e2.streamable.com/video/mp4/70w6.mp4

3 Likes

5-0 Rafinha.
5-1 FT.

Barcelona truly are frightening.

Still, Alaves managed to beat them :wenger:

1 Like

That sombrero and pass from Messi to set SuĂĄrez free :open_mouth:

Would like to see what Ray Hudson had to say about that :smiley:

1 Like

If only Ray Hudson wasn’t talking ALL GAME LONG
 he’s insta mute on any stream

Atletico-Sporting Gijon 5-0. Now Eibar-Seville.

The Suarez pass that led to the pen :giroud2:

Ray Hudson must go through at least 3 sets of trousers every time he watches Barca play.

Eibar-Seville 1-1. Eibar always tend to start well.

Wow, golazo by Gameiro. @A.F maybe he’ll turn out to be a pretty good signing yet? I dunno, tbh, I would’ve taken him, I think.

1 Like

Nah, 28 years old, not better than Giroud (if he is, then it’s not by much) and would still cost quite a bit. I don’t think it’s the kind of signing AtlĂ©tico should make and I’d say the same for Arsenal. Strikers like Batshuayi, Lacazetta, and Milik, even though I admit that it would have been very difficult, is what both teams should have focused on.

It’s better than nothing, I suppose. But then again, that’s the kind of signing PĂ©rez is.

Just seen Milik has started well with Napoli. Think we missed a trick with him? (Why do you say it would’ve been very difficult?)

Looks like a fine player to me. Very young too, so it certainly would have been been a good gamble. Not quite sure why he hasn’t really received any attention or hype. Probably because of how he performed during the World Cup, I guess.

Well, maybe “very difficult” is something of an exaggeration. More difficult than signing some relatively old players, that not many wanted, probably would have been a better way of putting it. Someone like Lacazetta is, for obvious reasons, going to cost a lot. Batshuayi was wanted by quite a few teams. Don’t actually know what the deal was with Milik.

None of these are excuses for Arsenal btw. But you won’t be competing with Chelsea for a guy like PĂ©rez.
I don’t know if AtlĂ©tico even have enough money for players like these though. But it seems like they do spend maybe a bit too much on players who are close to being past their peak. Martinez last year, and now both Gaitan and Gameiro in one window. Maybe it would have been better for them, to go all out on an elite level cf talent and then rely more on players like Correa and Carrasco? Then again, I do think that them now using two actual wingers (hopefully Simeone actually continues with this), is probably for the better.

Las Palmas beat Malaga and keep it up with Barca and Real.

4th defeat in a row for Valencia. Just shocking.
Real 0-0 against Espanyol. The Barcelona outfit have been the better team by miles.
Here we go! Stunning strike by James. 1-0 Real.

Ha.

Knew that would happen, even though it did happen a bit earlier than I had expected. The usual kind of individual brilliance after a dysfunctional performance. Espanyol did well before that. Real Madrid couldn’t create anything and they really should have conceded a goal before that.

Will probably end 4-0 now. Meh.

Anyway, I’m expecting Real Madrid to win against Dortmund now in the CL. They’re really killing all the hipsters, with this whole bad process, great results thing they’ve got going on. They don’t need to be “tactically” good with these players. They just have to make sure they avoid easy counter-attacks, which they do by simply not committing too many forward. Sure, in theory it isn’t an ideal solution and most teams would be sterile without creating anything, but they’re not those teams. So what if they don’t occupy good positions, when even their fullbacks can open up the game by a dribble? You don’t need to occupy positions as well as Guardiola’s teams do, with these kinds of players.

They don’t take too many risks, they don’t press, but they work hard and even if it’s still not too difficult to manipulate their defensive shape and find space, then you’ll still probably lose all 1v1 duels you’ll find yourself in against them. Difficult to criticize Zidane, when they’ve just won 16 in a row. His managerial style is perfect for Real Madrid. They don’t need anything more “complex” than this.

4 Likes

Was thinking of what you would think of this performance, haha. It’s been utter garbage. Annoying too that Kroos looks marginalised now under Zidane. Such a waste of talent and financial power always with this team, some things never change. It’s too bad, because Zidane, like Wenger, is such a great character that it’s hard to really enjoy the fact that he seems to be similarly inept as Wenger.

Real :bellerin: :santi:. Such a dire team.
Stupid by Baptistao. He should have shoot immediately.
Of course, 2-0 Benzema. Red carpet-pass by Lucas.
Christ! Espanyol are worse than Walcott in front of goal.

Play of the game was Ramos hiding that he actually played the ball with his hands and should have been sent off